XIV

Damn, this took longer than I expected. And I should really explain what this was all about. Or you can just skip this, not that I mind.

Mhm, so. Spoilers, btw. Even though this book will obviously covers a lot of spoilers but this one does go a bit into the end of DGS2.

I was writing Ryunosuke's Escapade chapter, and it is very well almost finished. But, I feel like it wasn't the best so I would have to go back and have a read it to see if it makes me happy to some degree. It's still there in my file somewhere, and I don't even know if I still wanna use it :P

So I got thinking about what will I write after that, and that lead me to decide that the 5th case of the first game should be gone and away. Frankly, after playing the second game, my brain just decided that the last case of the first game was too much for me.

I actually did write another half of this, but it was insultingly horrible even for my least liked case. It started with the MC meeting Gina as she was walking to the pawn shop, things happened in the pawn shop, and I decided to skip the Ryuno-MC-Sherlock Dance of Deduction. After that it was her meeting Cardew's fiancée, and Maria Gorey was there.

It was just disgustingly nonsensical and all over the place. Thankfully, though, Susato's departure part took most of the space, so I decided to delete the rest of it.

So, here we are! I am honestly sorry, and I understand there are other people who may wanted me to go throughout these cases in the first game, but I wanted to save all the drags and details that for the cases/chapters I genuinely enjoy and like ("The Return of the Great Departed Soul", "Twisted Karma and His Last Bow" and "The Resolve of Ryunosuke Naruhodo") as I just loved the Professor case and all, plus I am planning something for Cardew as an investigative/case study partner for our MC! Thanks to this fic, I have grown attached to him and starting writing his bio, haha.

Aight, you're free to read! :D

-

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Mycroft stormed into the office alone, panting heavily like he just ran around the entire of London. And I think he would do that. It was around nearly half 5 in the evening, so I assumed he just came back from the Old Bailey. "Meet Sherlock at the train station. You want to see your student before she goes back, right?"

After hearing that, I suddenly realised what he meant. I followed the instructions and went to the train station in a hurry because Mycroft's panic just made me super conscious about the time. For the whole trip on the carriage, I just kept hoping and hoping I would arrive before it was too late. But... The carriage stopped and put me out of my misery. I thanked the driver and hurried into the station, finding Sherlock, Iris and Ryunosuke.

"(Y/N)! You made it!" Ryunosuke heavily sighed in relief, so was Iris and Sherlock.

"I would be devastated if I missed it..." I stopped next to them, looking down and panted heavily like how Mycroft was. Panic plus running, never a good idea.

Moreover, if I missed it, I would feel very guilty... considering I barely spent time with Susato. Even then, I genuinely still think she deserved a good goodbye for everything she had done for Ryunosuke during the trials. In my opinion, Susato was the best judicial assistant in the entire world! Not only was she kind and patient, I knew she was morally supporting Ryunosuke as well.