Chapter 9

Y/N's P.O.V.

Silence, that's our new companion as he, along with me, meanders through the alleys I have never once set foot into. But then I have never once stepped outside the house if it was not for school. A wary sigh leaves my lips as I take into the view around me, a silent neighbourhood with scarcely scattered shops. Did we enter somewhere new? My thoughts break when the angry bird tugs my hand. Right, Jungkook is holding my hand, but the way I am acutely aware of his skin over mine, he might be holding my beats reign in his grip too. And Why angry bird? Because the scowl etched onto his handsome face since the moment I stepped intot he living room is a green light of his inner emotions. I should be the one with a scowl.

"We are here." My forehead, for the second time in a matter of an hour collides with his firm back. ouch. I step back, my lip pursing as I rub my forehead.

"Aren't you too clumsy, little one?" My eyes snap towards his teasing tone, and I narrow them. So, now Mr. don't talk to me wants to bestowe me with some words?

"You should inform first, and then halt your step." I take a staggering step back when he leans in, his left brow raises in a inquisitive way at my remark.

"Or maybe you should walk beside me?" He murmurs wistfully, but my traitor heart once again tripped over its beat. It's just a precaution. Then why does it seem like an observation?

"So, shall we?" He side step and my eyes moves past his eyes towards the view behind- wow.

"Well," His forefinger tips my hanging jaw back at its place. And I look at his with wide eyes. Something weird fluttering around my heart, tickling its periphery.

Paint Your Smile- That's the name of the cafe, I am gaping at. But that's not the main character, no. It's the Art corner that has my heart. The olive green aesthtic board giving away the treasure this place has hidden behind its close door. An art cafe.

"Should we go inside, little one?" I blink back from my awe. And amidst thumping heart, I give him a meek nod, my eyes still absorbing the steel gray acoustic sliding door with an adorable "Welcome" engraved on it in a dancing script font.

Jungkook takes the lead and slid open the door. His hand leaving mine, when he enters inside and gesture me follow his suit.

Sweet lord, my eye lids fell close when the addicting soft aroma of sandalwood invades my senses. My shoulders slack and I take another deep inhale. It's so refreshing.

"So you like natural scents." I open my eyes at his statement. It wasn't a question. It was an observation. And it's true. I do not like the strong scents, they bring a vexing throb in the nerves of my forehead.

"It's calming." I am sure my cheeks are tinted now. He nods while curbing the smile on his face. To avoid any further embarrasment I turn around, and once again the interior leaves me stupefied. The walls are painted with olive green with splashes of light hues of pink and adorned with flowers. My fingers curl and I hold my fists near my chest. it's too pretty. The seatings consists of soft cushion of shades of grey, enhancing the overall aesthics. And, how can I miss the cute decorations placed on the table, on the book shelves- they have book shelves! and on top of that, there's a cute chandelier hung in between the cafe. It's a spacious mordern place. The floor covered with translucent white marble.

"Do you like it?" I flinch when Jungkook questions, leaning onto my left shoulder. I step aside. His proximity confuses my heart.

"I love it. It's enchanting." My lips stretch into a wide smile when I reply him. And he too, mimics my smile.

"Glad to know. I come here often. Come, I will introduce you to the owner." Anxious feeling creeps inside me, and my smile falters. What if the owner-

"So, you finally found time to pay this old lady a visit, hmm?" we both turn towards the new voice,