Chapter 3

Zander: So many people have a lot to say about my relationship with Carmen

Zander: So many people have a lot to say about my relationship with Carmen. I love this woman more than anything and she has blessed me with two beautiful children. We're not perfect but we are working towards building the best foundation for our family. Together or not, this is my soulmate and I will always love her.

6,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

"When I filmed the live action Barbie film, I was a sixteen year old girl in high school. The movie was released when I was seventeen and I was immediately thrust into the spotlight during the opening weekend." I smile slightly. "I became this big role model for young girls in such a short time which was not what I wanted. I was offered the opportunity to star in a movie and I took it."

"What were your expectations going into the project?" Busy Phillips asks as I adjust myself on the sofa.

I think about it for a moment, "None of us expected it to be as big as it was. This was the first live action Barbie film so you nobody knew whether it would be a box office success or failure because there wasn't another movie to compare it to. Nobody knew who I was at that time so why would they watch me on the big screen? I became the IT girl overnight and it put a lot of pressure on me."

"What type of pressure?"

"The studio wanted to make a sequel so I had to drop out of high school to commit to the project. I was meeting with a dietitian on a regular basis to promote healthy living and I had a stylist to maintain that Barbie image." I roll my eyes. "They took away my identity to maintain the image they created and I hated every second of it because I had to be this person from the moment that I woke up. When I stepped out with family and friends, I had to keep this persona up because it was likely that I would be photographed."

Busy looks at me in shock, "It's crazy to think that you were so young at the time."

"I know and after the second movie was released the following year, I went on a three month tour as Barbie

"I know and after the second movie was released the following year, I went on a three month tour as Barbie." I laugh a little. "That's when I found out that I liked being on stage but not as Barbie. Most people referred to me as Barbie since they didn't know my name."