8-Now What?

After we talk about where the egg donor is and what will happen next, Dorian wants to talk to the boys privately.

  "No! We want Trinity with us." Tyson said.

  "Or we won't say a word." Tristan added with crossed arms.

  Nobody said a word. Just looking at each other.

  "I will be right over here, sweetie. You are safe. I promise you that." I tell them.

  They both nod. Then everyone else leaves the room.

  "We just want to make sure that you are safe and happy."

   "We are safe! You heard Trinity. Our sister loves us and only wants the truth. She promised that we will always know how she feels. She demands the truth from everyone." Tristan said with passion.

  "Yeah! Cause that's what we get from her. And she gives us orange juice. And don't get mad when we spill it!" Tyson added with a smile. "We have clean clothes and don't have to share. There's a bathroom nightlight that we use. And last night when we had a bad dream, sister came and talked to us about it. None of them got mad when we woke them up. They all talked to us about the dream and the beatings. Did you know that the brothers were treated the same?" Tyson went on and on with his innocent rambling.

  I realize that I'm smiling.

    "She cooks good too. Last night we ate meat, and mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob, and squash. I was so full! This morning it was eggs, and sausage, and biscuits, and hash browns."

  "Don't forget that we had juice too." Tyson reminds his brother.

  Tristan laughed. Such a sweet sound. "And orange juice."

  "Yeah, we like orange juice." Tyson blushed.

  "How did you both sleep last night?" Gregory asked.

  "Awesome after the nightmare and talk." Tyson replied.

  "Yeah, and the bed is so comfortable! Nobody pushed us out of the bed. Or told us to sleep in the closet. Nobody came into the room to hurt us. We can even lock the door. Nobody gets mad at us for no reason. That makes me happy."

  "I love it here! And sister is going to have two babies! One boy and one girl. She told us. Right sister?!" Tyson added as he smiled at me.

  "Right little brother!" I return with my own smile.

  "That is awesome! Now we need to talk to Ryland, Bryson, and Trinity. Can you go ask your brothers to come back?" Gregory asked.

  Tyson left the room as Tristan stayed where he was. "You're not gonna take us away, are you?" He asked. I can tell that he is nervous.

  "Sweetie, I told you that you were safe. You guys will live with us. I promise." Tristan nodded his head and left.

  "They have really gotten close to you." Evans said.

  "Yeah, it is odd. But they trust me. I think that it is the juice and food. They didn't know how to eat a real meal. They watch us. Then they do what they see. I love seeing the way their eyes light up when they taste something that they have never tasted before."

  The guys enter and sit on the sofa. The agents start discussing what happens next. We will file for custody. Meanwhile, they will get Stephanie to relinquish her rights. James will lose his rights. They all left. I start to get up, but Ry stopped me.

  "Are you two good? Or do I need to kick someone in the ass?"

  "We're ok, Ry. Just let us handle us." I answer my best friend.