chapter-1

Sivaangi POV:

"A warm welcome all the fresher's. This surely is a special day to all of you, as today you are going to start a new and fresh journey of your life, full of new challenges, milestones and achievements. So my dear future doctors, trust me this is going to be the best rollercoaster ride of your journey, full of fun, knowledge, growth and ultimate success. The day you end this journey, you will surely miss the memorable time you are going to spend here. So enjoy every moment here to the fullest. All the best to all of you," the Dean concluded his welcome speech and everyone started clapping.

"Theory classes will start from Monday. Today you guys have to look after the admission procedures and fill the required documents," one of the volunteers guided us towards a seminar hall, where a group of volunteers are instructing about form.

I stood in the queue and collected my form. I sat down in the front desk and started filling the details of my name, date of birth and basic details.

I casually roamed my eyes around the hall in hope of meeting anyone familiar. Though all my school friends joined engineering, I chose to become a Doctor. Something that I have been so passionate since my childhood.

"This feels surreal!" I exclaimed, happiness seeping through my entire body.

"Girls who have filled the form can follow me!" A volunteer announced, so I quickly collected my things and marched forward. Soon many girls who were actually my classmates joined me.

She took us for the Orientation around the college, showing us all the department's, library and laboratories. She stopped infront of the Microbiology lab and asked us to split into four groups, 15 girls in each group.

"Microbiologists and some of your seniors will be there. They will guide you further."

Suddenly I felt uneasy. Why will they take us to microbiology lab? Are they going to test any new medicines over us? My brain corrupted with all the medical crime thriller movies I have watched, started listing all the impossible worst scenarios.

I went inside the lab to see it divided into chambers with a small bed in each one, provided with curtains.

Hmm what's with this arrangement? I wondered.

"Hi dear? Fresher right?" Someone from behind asked me, that definitely startled me.

"Hmm yeah senior- ma'am-akka?" I replied unsure about adding any endearment.

"Ethrey name? Senior? ma'am? Akka? You are cute!" She said pinching my cheeks.

I smiled and looked at the table placed near the cot end.

Hmm, medicines, gloves, cotton, sterilizers, needles and injections were arranged and the place looked tidy.

Wait needles? Did I see injections? I rubbed my eyes again and looked at the table. Yes, it was an injection.

"First shot of hepatitis vaccine will be given today, second shot will be after 30 days, and third dose after six months," the senior girl in white coat kept on saying, while I trembled in fear seeing the big needle she's holding in her hand which is getting ready to pierce my baby skin.

"No, no, no, no! Please no!" I screamed tears welled up in my eyes.

"Excuse me?" The senior girl asked, shock was evident in her voice. She capped the needle and kept it aside.

"Why do you want to inject that?" I asked sobbing.

"That's because you are going to become a doctor right? Blood, human tissues, dissection ellam pannanum! You are more prone to get infected with Hepatitis!" She explained calmly.