Chapter 14

What to wear on a first date?

I had all week to think about it, now it was Saturday morning and I had no clue.

Should I be cute? Should I be practical? Should I try and find something...sexy? Whatever that meant. I happen to live with two very sexy girls, maybe I should ask them.

Or better yet, I called my two long-time friends I grew up with, Chantel and Juju. My ride or dies.

"College girl, what's up!" Chantel yelled at me.

"Hi!"

"Don't hi me bitch, what's good? Meet any hot boys?"

I smiled so hard. "Actually...."

"Naw, wait up." I could hear Juju in the room. They were cousins, but close like sisters and lived together and shared the same bedroom in a small three-bedroom house with five other siblings/cousins, and both their moms. "I need to know err'thang!"

"So there's this one guy-"

"Oooooh!" they both said.

"Listen!" I giggled at them. "One guy I met in my English class, he's Hottie Tottie. Okay, then my RA, whom I also have a class with is Mr. Perfect. He is divine! And then...his sister-"

"Yo, wait, huh? I knew it! I knew you were gay. That's why you never talked to any guys in school," Chantel said.

"That's because no guy talked to me!" I let out a frustrated sigh. "The sister is very hot. Like, she's some kind of mystical being or something that floats around. Last week, she was in my room, naked and..."

"Naked!" they both yelled out.

I blushed a bit. "Ok see, what had happened was...I think she linked up with my roommate. Anyway, she tells me she likes me."

"You ain't get a pic? I wanta see," Juju said, who was very gay, and loud and proud about it.

"Of who? Hottie, Perfect or his sister?"

"All of them!"

"Well look, Hottie asked me to hang out with him today. I think it's a date. I don't even know if I like him as much as Mr. Perfect."

"Girllllllll," Chantel said. "I needed to go to college with my broke and dumb ass. You're lucky."

By lucky, she means I struggled to get Cs. My grade point average was not that high. I was not an honor student by any means. I worked hard to just float by and be an average student. School was hard. I hated tests, and I hated writing papers. So no scholarships came my way, and I didn't think I would be able to afford college.

After I graduated high school I thought would spend the next year with Chantel and Juju going wild and wilding out. Maybe spend more time with my dad and Angel. Maybe work at her shop for extra cash. Then on my eighteenth birthday, my dad and Angel sat me down and explained to me I had a trust fund set up for me. Something about Angel coming into some money a few years ago, not wanting it for herself so she gave it to me and my sister.

Half a million dollars. I was rich! At first, I did not know how to feel about it. What did I ever do to deserve that money? I mean, I loved Angel as if she was my mother, but she now had a biological child she could give it to. They spoiled AJ and would spoil the next kid.

Then I thought, don't be stupid Rayvn Nicole Lawrence. Free money! A lot of free money. And Angel said I could use it for college or anything else I wanted. It was more than enough for four years at Mizzou. I wasn't going to dip into it any more than I had to. I already had my savings account from working with Angel. I used that to buy my car.