Part 17

Arafat's P. O. V.

The journey home was full of silence everyone with their own thought......

We arrived at my house, i thanked him and tried opening the door but it wasn't opening....

I told him he hissed saying the door does that once a while, he step down to open the door, he struggled a bit before the door....

I was laughing in my mind, i thanked him and was about to proceed inside when i noticed he was bleeding......

I  freaked out by saying how come, i asked he followed me inside the house so i can dress it..

He refused at first saying he isn't feeling any pain, i insist he follow me in........

He reluctantly followed me i asked he sit while i get the first aid kit.........

I got back and dressed the wound, i was through dressing it when i heard my mom's voice with my sister i knew i had a lot explanation to do.........

He teased me preparing to leave, my mom came in calling my name arafat ndewo i naghi m anyi nwere onye ọbịa a (arafat welcome you didn't tell me we have a guest)..........

I replied saying mom Ọ bụ na mberede (it is sudden), she smiled we both greeted her.....

I introduce my family to ade, my mom surprised me when she asked my sibling to serve him, telling him to feel at home.......

She asked how he injured he explained, my sisters immediately starts inquiring from him what's the relationship status, while they serve him...........

His response didn't sit well with my mom she kept teasing him thinking he would change his answer but ade didn't say anything which i was relieved..........

I saw he was relaxed with all of them but he refused to eat saying he's full.........

Few minutes later he stood up saying its late my mom asked they pack some ofe Nsala soup for him.........

They all bade him while i excourted him to his car, i waited till he drove off before getting back in..........

My mom and sister won't let me have it, they kept saying omara mma (he's handsome) and i should say the truth........

I laughed and said we are just friends, my mom said we hope so, ok am going to bed, good night everyone..........

My sister followed me i was getting annoyed due to their question but my sisters came to apologize.......

They kept some pain killers in ade's back pocket, i was looking at the both of them like they have grown horns...........

I stood up they dragged me back saying they know i want to report them, i asked them to stop this kind of act and never try it again............

They pleaded and promised me never to do it again, they bade me good night.........

I am so exhausted, i took a shower, prayed my missed salat, ready to retire for the night when my phone starts ringing i checked my bag it isn't there...............

I looked for it at the time i saw it the ringing had stopped, it was amaka i groaned before calling her back.............

She picked at one ring, she thanked me for helping out and asked i help thank my friend ade, i told her i will not.......

She started teasing me saying i won't because he's my boyfriend now, i laughed and explained everything to her..........

She sighed and said arafat this guy has apologize, he's sorry for his actions can't you see it he wants to be friends, na fate they make us jam people (it's fate that makes us meet some people)........

She asked i call and thank him on her behalf, i said ok, she said what will be will always be, greet mom and your sisters, i said ok, we bade each other good night..

I called ade he picked, after exchanging pleasantries i thanked him for all he did and also extend my friend gratitude..

I asked him about the hand he said it's better, i told him to check his back pocket, he was surprised i told him to take the drugs and it was all my sisters doing......

He thanked me and said okay good night arafat,  good night ade, i end the call and kept my phone on the dresser.........

I retired to bed to take my precious sleep because i have work to go to................

Why is everyone hoping ade and arafat would be together.......

Will they be together at last?...

Let's find out.....

Do vote

Comment

Share

©Halimat Sansa