A warm welcome

Olivia sped across the pathway leading to the door. She was very excited. She hurried up the steps and gave 3 quick knocks on the large double doors, then took a few steps back. 

Olivia heard a scratching sound coming from the bottom of the door, then looked up to see it open. Standing there in the doorway, beaming, was TAYLOR! She was holding Benjamin Button in one arm, while the other was held wide open as if to say "come on in". 

"Hi Olivia!!" Taylor said smiling. 

"OMG hi Taylor! Ahhh look at Benji he is so adorable!" Olivia gushed. She was so excited, and a little nervous. 

"He saw you before I did. He loves to welcome people at the door, but I had to hold him since he sometimes gets a little too excited, and I didn't want him crawling all over you. I'll put him down and let you pet him once mom catches up with you." Taylor explained. 

Just as Taylor finished speaking, Andrea appeared on the doorstep with Olivia's luggage. 

"Well come on in!" Taylor said to them. 

Olivia stepped into the doorway and looked around. She could not believe she was standing in Taylor Swifts living room. She took a few steps forward and looked at all the shelves surrounding the large flat screen tv bolted to the wall. They were filled with all sorts of books, pottery, knick-knacks and other items Taylor seemed to have compiled. There were 2 large fuzzy beige couches surrounding a circular coffee table with coasters with Taylor's cat's faces on them. The room had a very neutral theme, with mostly beige and white colors, and the occasional light green or light pink. It was cozy, yet spacious at the same time. Olivia wondered whether Taylor had a designer or whether she had done all this herself. 

Olivia spun around, taking in the view, seeing a small dining room to her left. Before she had a chance to survey it, Taylor gave her a slight push forward and led her through a doorway to the kitchen.

The kitchen was beautiful - and big. There was a large kitchen island surrounded by many cabinets, and a door leading to what Olivia assumed was the pantry. 

"You can sit down if you like" Taylor said, gesturing towards the stools at the kitchen island. Olivia wasn't about to ignore a request from her icon, so she sat. Taylor put Benji down and he gave a soft "meow" towards Taylor, letting her know he did not appreciate being taken off of guard duty near the door. 

"He's kind of a doglike cat" Taylor explained. "Lots of personality though. Or should I say purr-senality?" Taylor joked. 

"Its been 2 minutes and you've already started with the cat puns. Olivia must think you are crazy already. Just wait till she discovers how crazy you really are about those cats" Andrea said.

"Hey, loving my cats doesn't make me crazy" Taylor said, with a wink in Olivia's direction. 

"But having 3 of them does" Andrea countered. 

"Hey - I don't think you're crazy, and I can't wait to meet the other cats" Olivia said with a smile.

"Well, we will have to track them down first. Meredith likes to hide since she's pretty anti-social, and Olivia...well you never know with Olivia. She's sort of unpredictable. I always find her in all sorts of weird places and positions" Taylor explained. 

"Well what about I make some tea for all of us while you give Olivia a tour of the house, and in the process maybe you will find the other cats?" Andrea suggested. 

"That sounds great mom. Lets go do that" Taylor replied. 

Taylor helped Olivia off the stool and they left Andrea in the kitchen to make the tea.