Prologue

Luke

"Liz was... She was a great woman. It's a terrible thing that happened to her but-but this isn't what she would have wanted. She wouldn't have wanted us to be upset. She wouldn't have wanted us to mourn over her death, she would have wanted us to celebrate her life-" And that's when Luke bolted out of the room. He couldn't listen to someone from his mums work that he never even met before talk about how she wouldn't want anyone to be upset and cry. Of course he's going to cry over his mothers death, she was his best friend! Ya that's kind of sad but Luke was an only child so him and his mom bonded a lot.

"I'm alone. I'm all alone. I just can't believe that she's gone and I'm being sent to an orphanage tonight. A fücking orphanage!" Luke screamed. He didn't care if people could hear him or he was "disrupting the funeral".

People slowly started making their way out of the funeral home and one of Luke's moms friends Alice walked up beside him. "Luke honey? I'm going to take you to the orphanage now." Alice spoke quietly like she was scared that he would break at any moment. Little did she know he already did.

"Why can't I just stay with you? It will only be for a year and a half and I'll be eighteen and out of your hair."

"Luke you know that I don't have the room or the money for another kid." Alice already has three kids of her own and they were all a handful.

Slowly they pulled into the drive way of Luke's new home for the next year and a half.

~~~~

Michael

Age 9
"Hi-hi." Michael nervously whispered to the strange man standing in front of him. He's always been afraid of adults since his parents started abusing him.

"Honey how about this one he's adorable?" The tall man called to a woman.

"I don't know, he seems kind of shy and I think I want a girl." she said back to him.

Age 13
Another day, more couples looking for kids to adopt the "perfect child". To bad Michael wasn't considered that. He's normally considered the opposite. Most people don't want to adopt the kid with the purple dyed hair. At least that's what he tells himself. The real reason, or reasons, why he hasn't been adopted yet is because he's rude, gives attitude and he's much older and less cute than everyone else in this place.

"Fück them all. Who needs parents or friends. I have you right Daniel?" Yes Michael still has his stuffed lion and yes he talks to it. It was his only good memory from when he was little and still lived with his parents.

Present day
"I know this is a lot to ask from you but Michael, please be on your best behaviour." The owner of the orphanage Michael is currently living at sighed, "There's a new kid coming today and he just lost his mother. He's your age, maybe you guys could be friends."

"First, I'm always on my best behaviour and second, I doubt that, I don't need any 'friends'." Michael scoffed.

"He's here, Michael, be nice okay?" The owner Georgia told him.

As Georgia opened the door all he could picture this kid to look like was some little kid with tears running down his face crying for his mum to come back. That's almost the opposite of what he saw, he looked perfect. His hair perfectly hair styled into a quiff, he had some tears but not many and he was like seven feet tall. But looks don't matter.

"Hi I'm Luke." The new kid spoke, his voice cracking from previously crying.
******

Hey! So this is my second attempt at writing a fanfic and the first time didn't work out cause I gave up on it:/

If you like this leave a comment if you don't then please let me know what to fix

Chapters will probably be short