Chapter one-Death Around the Corner

April 22, 2055
Cal Rhett Ferguson

The computer screen lit up the room in blue light. The time on it showed 1:13 A.M. Cal was working on a school report for World Geography class that was due the next morning, but had no clue where to start.

He was given the assignment two weeks ago and his mind never crossed to do the actual work. This, of course, didn't strike him. His grades were dropping like crazy and he had no true parents that cared. He lost his mom when he was 12 and 2 years after that, his father died in combat. His aunt, Corie or Ms. Stellens, was taking care of him and his sister. Ms. Stellens was a brat, or at least that's what Mel called her. She had everything she needed and she was rich, which didn't explain a damn thing why she had fun picking on them. After years of seeing Mel in the hospital because of some stupid sickness the doctor's couldn't cure and having Corie speak bad about her whenever he came home, it finally ripped in him. The morning before yesterday, Cal smacked Corie for calling Mel a b****. She almost called the police on him and said he was lucky, but Cal knew the truth. She knew deep down inside, she deserved what she got because, as Mel had said it, she was a retched spoiled brat.

Now he just sat there pondering on his thoughts of this stupid world. The world was lucky he had something to live for, or else he'd probably destroy it in a heartbeat.

"What foul place is this?" He wondered. Then he smiled at his next thought. "Well I certainly don't wanna have a hell of a time in heaven."

He was drifted from his thoughts when he heard a bling. He looked up to his computer screen to see an email from his Uncle Rob (Robert). He scanned his mouse over the box and clicked it. It opened to a blinding white screen with small black letters. He didn't shield his eyes from it and read the email with ease.

Flashback

Water dripped onto the window slowly until it turned into hard thunks getting faster by the minute. The street lights surrendered to the clouds and night sky, their light barely being noticeable looking outside.

The hum of the heater, rather quickly, turned on in the hospital room. Mel lay on the bed, the blanket covering her a little past mid-way of her body, as her chest rose and fell with even breaths. The recognizable beep of the machine hooked to her was the only sound that filled the room besides their breathing.

Cal was sitting on the side of Mel, leaned over onto the bed and holding her hand in his. He rubbed his thumb back and forth awaiting for her to wake.

She never did.

He sighed, getting ready to leave as he patted her hand and stood up. He walked to the door and opened it a crack. He stopped suddenly and looked back to Mel.

"I'll promise...for you." He walked back to her and grabbed her right arm and slid his pinkie into hers. He squeezed it tight, hoping she would wake up and hug him and share secrets with him and their lives be normal for just a moment.

But she never did.

End of flashback

To My Dearest Nephew,
I'm going to cut to the chase and you're going to do exactly what I say...

Cal read on, not realizing the mistake he would choose because of his foolishness to disregard the email and put the one person he loved in harm's way.

PLEASE COMMENT AND LIKE FOR ME TO CONTINUE THE STORY!!!