Chapter 2

AN:
TRIGGER WARNING. SELF HARM AND VOMIT.
It's very brief, but it's still there. I just want to make sure you don't get triggering flashbacks.

I hope you enjoy it.
<3
//

Harry's Pov

When I woke up I felt something heavy on top of me. We must've fallen asleep on the couch last night. I carefully shifted my arm to reach for my phone.

7:47am

The sun barely poked through the blinds with the sound of Wave's soft snores. I slowly moved my body to grab hers as I stood up to carry her to her room.

Her arms hung around my neck to ensure she didn't fall. I entered her room and slowly placed her on top of her bed.

Before I walked out I leaned over to place a soft kiss on her forehead, my eyes fluttered close as I sighed into her skin.

My forehead slouched against her own as my mind began to race, and I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

I pleaded to the intrusive thoughts hoping to stop the oncoming anxiety. Of course it never worked.

Breathe. I could just hear my therapist now. Well I'm breathing and that's the problem, there's too much air and not enough at the same time.

Fuck, she looks a lot like Lilah. The way her bottom lip poked out ever so slightly, to the way her eyebrows were crinkled like she was debating something in her sleep.

She shifted slightly and her hand roped around my pinky finger to hold to her chest. Her breathing deepened and her body slouched into the bed.

My lungs grew tighter at the sight of her, at the thoughts racing in my brain, at the small girl without a mother.

"I'll always be here." My lips kissed her forehead softly, and my mouth hovered over her tiny ear to whisper carefully as to not wake her up. "Pinky promise."

My heart ached at the thought of her growing up. I knew she wouldn't be my little girl forever, but it felt like yesterday I was still changing her diapers.

I forced myself to pull the covers over her body and stood up to leave the room before I passed out from the lack of air.

I rushed over to the kitchen where my hands fell to the kitchen sink catching my body weight.

Alone.

Alone.

I could feel the bile riding up my throat threatening to leave my mouth, searching for any form of relief. My hand ran through my hair quickly in an attempt to snap myself out of it.

Suddenly my breathe hitched even more as if it was even possible when I heard Cass' bedroom door open.

Don't let her see you.

When I turned quickly expecting to be able to hide in my room, a blond woman made eye contact with me. She had smeared mascara under her eyes with a messy bun that was falling apart.

"Uh, hi." She spoke slowly, looking shocked to see me in the kitchen. "Uh, are you okay?"

I knew I must've looked ridiculous to her right now with one hand in my hair, gripping the roots so tight, and the other on my stomach.

Cass soon followed behind where she turned to me with wide eyes and quickly ushered her blond date out the door. Before leaving, the blond waved bye to me. I was too occupied with swallowing down the vomit that threatened it's way out to speak to the girl, so I slowly waved and walked to the cabinet in the corner of the kitchen.