Chapter 2

I paced my apartment, sleeping here wasn't a good idea. Coming here was not a good idea. I checked my phone. A tracker on Sleeping beauty was nothing out of my comfort zone. I slipped it into her phone case. It was small and flat, it fit perfectly. Flush against the phone. I liked to check it when I couldn't be around her. So far she had stayed at the snow queen's house. She hadn't left yet. Maybe she wouldn't and I could relax. I went into my bathroom and started my shower. I ran the boiling hot water and sat down on the floor. I let the water run down my back leaving a cold pain that tingles behind each droplet that fell from the shower head.

My head ran wild with thoughts of her. I wanted her. I wanted her to love me. I wanted her dead. I wanted everything in between. I liked the idea of it. The idea of it scared me. I wasn't sure what I'd do at the end of everything. I thought back to past loves that ended horribly and some that didn't. Rapunzel was simply a transition of love from one person to the other. Then there were loves like Mary. She had a little lamb and lived in a shoe box. She loved me. She loved me with her whole body, mind and soul. I loved her the same until one day I was watching her to show I loved her and she had a ken doll over. I was pissed off as one should be. You can only save a person so much. I was too late when it came to Mary. She smiled at him and wore a low cut shirt. She was trying to get his attention. I knew she was. He knew she was. She knew that she was.

I called over and over and she never picked up the phone. I watched her kiss the ken doll. He held her close to him. She put her feet on his as he walked in like they had known each other forever. Like they were comfortable with this. I wasn't. I snuck into the house once they fell asleep and things got fuzzy from there. I remember things in flashes. Blood on my hands. Her body lying there covered in vomit and blood. I had cut from her ribs to her hips. She bled out. Her body turned cold and I sat there with her for a long time. The ken doll was dead within moments of me walking in. I'm not sure how I did it. I just know that he was. He was an empty shell and she was gutted. I was alone and had to leave. I put down the LSD and left the house. I never went back. I found a new girl and one after that and before I knew it I was at Sleeping beauty's door step.

I turned the shower off and stood up. I got dressed in god knows what and laid down in my bed. My phone buzzed.

Unknown number- 'Hey I was just wondering if maybe you had a car or something? My boyfriend's tires all are leaking air and he was suppose to bring me home but then he left and told me to drive the truck he'll get it from me tomorrow and I'm over explaining '

Me- 'No car but I can walk you to your house if you want. I live up the street from —-- so it's not that far of a walk for me.'

I answered, trying to come off as a knight in shining armor.

Sleeping Beauty- 'Could you? I just want to go home and everyone else is really drunk'

Me- 'On my way then'

She would owe me after this. I could use it to my advantage to get her to want to be with me. I thought about how I would use this to get more time with her. Maybe beg her to let me stay the night instead of walking alone. Maybe I could get her to come back here. I looked around. No. This place wasn't ready for her yet. It was dark and cold and gloomy. She wouldn't like it here. I could get her to hang out with me tomorrow by saying she owes me lunch or some shit.

I opened the door to my apartment and made my way back to the house party. I was tired. The floor wasn't a great place to sleep but I can't sleep away from her. The ground was even worse so tonight I would pick my poison. I opened the door to the birthday party and looked around for her. There she was sitting down on the floor of the kitchen while everyone else was passing out or already out. She was the only one up. I looked around at the people who were still here. All of them were turned on their sides with something holding them there and a container to vomit in. She is such a good person. I smiled as she looked up at me.