Epilogue

Thank you so so much Pip for this incredible art! I love it so so much <33

————

TW - swearing, scar, mentions of death
CW - fluff

SEVEN YEARS LATER

DREAM POV -

"Dream, where are you?!" My husband Ben's voice echoed through our large house. I pulled my head out of the box I'd been searching through and almost hit it on the shelf above me. I looked towards the trap door opening of the attic.
"I'M IN THE ATTIC! I'M CLEANING!" I called back, wiping sweat off of my forehead.

Ben didn't reply. I heard footsteps and I saw his mop of chestnut brown hair appear at the trapdoor, he climbed up and smiled at me. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. It was a little awkward, we just never seemed to fully fit, like he wasn't supposed to be the one in my arms, which was a stupid thought because he was my soulmate.

"I'm taking the kids to the park, they're getting restless," He chuckled, smiling up at me. I smiled back and nodded,
"Cool, I'll hopefully finish going through all of these boxes today," I told him before leaning down and planting a swift kiss on his lips. Kissing Ben always felt a little off too, as if I'd kissed someone before him who just fit better, but that couldn't be true, Ben was my first everything.

Ben kissed my cheek before heading back down the ladder, calling something about making a box of stuff we could donate. I chuckled and turned back to the task at hand. I'd organised all of the boxes in our attic into an order of which ones looked more interesting so I could get through the boring shit first.

I surveyed my piles and suddenly something caught my eye. A small blue box decorated with green ribbon. I hadn't noticed it before. I walked over to it and sat down, pulling it into my lap. There were words written across the top in neat, sloping handwriting, 'GD + DT' I wrinkled my nose, confused. I assumed that the 'DT' were my initials but I didn't know who 'GD' was.

I noticed a small note attached to the box and it had the same writing as the initials, I quickly read through it,
'Dear Dream,

I used to know two people who loved each other beyond everything. They were soulmates, yes, but they were more than that. They had a love that conquered all else, that rose above every fairytale or make believe or anything else.
One of the soulmates was Cupid himself and the other just a human boy. But that didn't change the way they felt for each other.

You know, Dream, It's been said that once soulmates meet each other, even just see each other in person, it's impossible to leave them behind. It's impossible to forget them.

And I know all about forgetting things.

Inside this box you will find things that I wasn't supposed to let you see, but before he died, my soulmate made me promise that I wouldn't make you lose everything.

If I am correct, you have a scar on your left arm. Did you ever wonder where you got it?

You got it saving him, the love of your life, your cupid.

I'm sorry for everything that happened.

Yours truly,