2017

It is a new year and Rose is back to university for her last full year of study for her neuroscience degree. She returned to the same flat she stayed in, in the previous year and although she had to spend so much more money on that flat, she didn't want to move. The crisp cool Dunedin air was very good for Rose, for her health particularly. She was excited to return but her mind was on the events of the previous year as well. Rose hoped this year would be different and boy she should've wished it was the same as the last year. 

Rose started going back to the library again and of course, no surprise, Jeffrey returned to study at his usual place as well. He had gotten into medicine so he looked happier and less stressed. Rose noticed most of his friends got into other health professional programs as well and they were all happy and cheery. Seunghee didn't return to Dunedin that year, he had gone to Auckland to study pharmacy there. Rose missed him terribly because now she was stuck studying at the library by herself with the occasional company of Miranda. The same scenario occurred, nothing much different. Then...

On her 20th birthday on the fifth of March, it was a Sunday and Rose sat with the choir as usual. Jeffrey walked in wearing a long-sleeved white shirt and dark orangey pants with his friends and his mother. Rose noticed the baptism and confirmation candles at church were out with the anointing oils and holy water as well and she knew, Jeffrey was getting baptised and confirmed that day, ON HER BIRTHDAY! Rose couldn't hold in her emotions because although she didn't know Jeffrey at all, just the occasion was heartfelt for her, and to be done on her birthday, she was a mess. She was thankful for the big guy above for the special gift on her birthday. She took some photos and a video of Jeffrey and 6 years later, she still has those saved in her hard drive. 

After the first half of the year, nothing much was going on than the previous months and Rose was still stuck on Jeffrey but made no moves whatsoever. She used to think why do they make so much eye contact at church and the library and neither of them are willing to try. Now that her best friend Seunghee left, she had no one else who was close enough to Jeffrey. Don't feel sorry for Rose though because she didn't feel sorry for herself. She was used to not getting the guy she wanted. 

Then, one gloomy day, Rose's heart sunk deeper than the titanic!