Chapter 12

Tomorrow is the hearing day. Bondita was preparing for the case. Anirudh has given her much of the points, he'll be the main witness too. Now she have to be successful.
Bhola came in.
"R a Bhola come come.." Bakshi greeted him in.
"Haa.." Bhola gave a look at Bondita.
"Bondita ji you could have told us.. "
"What?"
"Nothing..." Bhola halted..
"Accha Bhola will you just take me around the village... I need to meet Bhumi too... I hear her father was murdered by Samaddar.."
"Yes of course.."

Bondita went to meet Bhumi and she agreed to be the witness.
"I've lost everything memsahib.. now I've nothing to loose but my life.."

Today is the hearing day. Bhumi gave her witness and as the murder happened infront of her so Chatterjee couldn't save it.

"I don't understand what will happen.. I sent Bhotka to drive this barristerni away but he is missing ever since... who's in her back... is she a human or... ahh... human or anything else?" Samaddar continued murmuring inside his son's ears.

"Now I will ask for permission to present my final witness.." Bondita announced
"Now whom will she call?" Samaddar murmured
"Barrister Anirudh Roy Choudhury.... who own the Zamindari of Simulbati.."
"Hooo.." Samaddar's breathe stuck..
Bondita looked at him and smirked

Anirudh came to the witness cell and clearly told what he saw.. in the revenue collection line. What goes on everything and also how he had to gurd Bondita from Samaddar's men.

Samaddar was about to faint but he didn't faint.

Judge gave another date for final hearing then pass the order.

The next day. Bondita was roaming in the village street and rejuvenating her childhood. Suddenly she sensed something
Bondita felt uncomfortable and started moving fast. Someone hold her pallu from behind. She looked back. It's a man with a evil smile. Bondita tried to freed her pallu but she can't. Some men hold her hands and she struggled. She started defending but someone hurt on her head and she fainted. They were about to take her away.
But a gang of men appeared and started fighting with them.

"Kaka please open the door..."
"No I'll not... I didn't even imagine Anirudh that you can do this.. you didn't only disobeyed me but also insulted me.."
"Kaka, give me whatever punishment you want but why did you withdrew Bondita's security..."
"If people come to know...."
"If Bondita gets harmed then.."
"She'll not... Durga ma is with her..."
"Durga ma is the creator... She'll always be with everyone.. but if she saved everyone by herself then no problems would have been there in this world... God has given humans brains to use and get rid of problems and humans land into problems for their reluctance only."
Kaka gave a angry stare at the door then moved his face away..

Nayeb came running..
"Zamindar babu"
"What happened?"

In the Pamchayat..
Bhola is furious..
"I'm telling zamindar babu this Samaddar only sent men to malign Bondita ji.."
"Wow... what prove do you have Bhola? What control do I have on people's mind?"
Bhola don't have an answer but his blood is boiling... he can now murder this man. Suddenly Bhola felt his soul got past his body and pressed Samaddar's neck with full force. After sometime he realised it's not his soul but Anirudh.
"How dare you to lay your dirty eyes over Bondita"
"Anirudh... Anirudh.. what are you doing... leave him.. he'll die..." kaka tried to separate him
"I've pressed his throat to kill him only..." Anirudh was furious..
Kaka and nayeb seperated Anirudh
"Beta cool down.." kaka whispered in Anirudh's ears.. "what will people think?!"

Samaddar took a deep breathe then dusted up.
"Anirudh babu... why are you so much concerned about that Barristerni? Are you weak on her in someway or...." Samaddar gave a nasty smile.
Anirudh looked back and was going to answer but Kaka hold his hand tight. Anirudh shook off his hand and went away.
"Trilochan babu.. tackle your son... " Samaddar suggested nastily..

Anirudh went and patted Bondita's head..
"What do you think Som?"
"It's very necessary for her senses to return by an hour.. if it doesn't return then.."
"Then.. ?"
"Then she would have to be taken to hospital... she's hit hard on her head"
"Bondita..." Anirudh called.. "see I'm your sakhababu.. Bondita.."

"He cares for her so much.." Gouri whispered into her father's ears..
"Yes... such a human being is hard to find.."

Kaka came in..
"Anirudh.. " kaka called slowly but strictly..
Som took a gulp.
Anirudh placed Bondita's head on the pillow and stormed out of the room. Kaka followed and so do others.. except Som who felt its his duty (and is safe) to be with Bondita.

Kaka got hold of Anirudh and whispered in low deep tone..
"What were you doing?"
"What you saw now I was doing that only.. now kaka don't tell me what to do what not to.. you know very well you are responsible for Bondita's this condition and you also know why I'm saying this.."
"Anirudh don't act childish.. what people will say..."
"Where were your these people when people tried to kill a 10 year old? Burning her alive..."
Kaka looked around..
"Anirudh why are you dragging old.... that's also here...."
"Then also only Bondita only mattered to me and now also only she matters .. situation has changed... feelings have canged... but the base concern and love I had for her didn't.. and for that only feelings changed... she trusts me more than anyone else.. what will people say? What right do people have to say?"
"Anirudh.. you are... you are still not..."

"What... what is going on??" Samaddar entered with a evil smile and with him camethe whole village.. "you left your wife 8 years ago na... you still have love for her... good good... "
"Yeah he's not like your characterless son na.. for people like you love has a different odd meaning but for people like him love is divine... he could never love a child like you think him to.. he loved her differently and that's why left her so that she can lead a independent life.. then choose her own partner and us not forced to choose him just because he was her husband.."
Bhola gave a straight answer," you people see the odd side of things because your mindset is odd... but look at him.. he taught her and when situation was unfavourable to her he sent her to London to make her what she is now..."

Anirudh and kaka were astonished to see the amount of information Bhola had. All others were just spellbound over this mesmerising story.

Is to be continued...