CHAPTER 6 : THE UNHEALABLE

Rapunzel's POV

Varian was acting weird lately. Was something bothering him?

"Eugene, what do you think?" I asked, sounding worried.

"Well Sunshine, I think he's just adjusting to the position, and, well it's proven to be complicated."

"I guess. But something feels off."

"Hey, if Lance didn't leave maybe he could help?"

"I suppose. Where did he say he was going anyways?"

"Making sure Angry doesn't convince Catalina to turn into a werewolf and allowing all havoc to break loose."

"Well, I guess-"

We were interrupted by a banging on the door.

"It's us, Catalina and Angry. Please let us in. It's urgent."

I got up from my seat and opened the door.

I gasped.

Eugene almost screamed.

"Who is this?" I said, my voice nothing but a small, hoarse whisper.

"That's the problem. She isn't from Corona. We have no idea who she is. But...she might be dead. If she isn't, we thought you could save her because you still have a fragment of the Sundrop."

Catalina said, sounding worried.

How did a young child even get this gravely injured?

"I don't know. I don't even possess the full Sundrop anymore..." I said.

"Come on Sunshine. You have to at least try. Do you want this kid to die? What if it was your friend?" Eugene said. He was right. I had to try.

"I'll try. But I'm gonna be honest. I don't think she'll make-" I was cut off by a loud series of coughs coming from the unconscious girl.

I nodded briskly. "I guess she isn't dead."

"Do we have any doctors in the palace?" Catalina asked.

"We actually do, but I'm not completely sure they can heal her."

"Just set her on the floor," I said. "And we'll see if the Sundrop still works."

I took a deep breath and started the incantation.

"Flower, gleam and glow.

Let your power shine,

Make the clock reverse,

Bring back what once was mine.

Heal what has been hurt,

Change the fate's design,

Save what has been lost,

Bring back what once was mine,

What once was mine..."

"I'm sorry but I don't think-" I was interrupted by what felt like a shockwave. Why couldn't I heal her?

Hello, holder of the Sundrop. I am Breezu, companion of the Skystone. You cannot heal her. It's up to her whether or not she'll survive.

It suddenly made sense.

"Alright..." I muttered, making sure no one could hear. Should I tell anyone that a child is holding the Skystone? I shouldn't. I don't want what happened to me as a child to happen to her.

"I can heal her cuts, but not her legs. I don't know if she'll make it..." I said.

"We should at least put her somewhere comfortable... Just in case she wakes up, Raps."

Since when did Cassandra get here?

"That figures. If you'll excuse me I need to speak to Cass privately." I said.

The others nodded.

Once everyone was gone, I asked her one thing.

"Cass, since you once held the Moonstone, do you know?"

"Know what?"

"That child possesses the Skystone. It holds more than 4 incantations."

Her eyes widened.

"A child? That's bound to cause chaos, and maybe even danger to herself. But we can't tell anyone that she holds that power. Hopefully, she doesn't know she possesses it herself. "

"Alright. But if she wakes up, what do we do with her? She clearly doesn't have parents. She didn't even have shoes."

"Well, I'd suggest someone that has gone through something similar to her. Like Varian perhaps. He's pretty lonely after all. I could go and ask him if you'd like?" Cassandra offered.

"I guess that could be temporarily suitable. You should go."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

As she left, one thing was still left on my mind.

Why would Breezu pick a child?