Chapter 6

"Finn, we've been over this bridge four times already."

"No we haven't," Finn twisted in the driver's seat, before turning around and swerving back into the lane they had drifted out of. "It just looks the same."

"Dude, we stopped at that gas station for directions. Twice."

"Are you sure? Let's just stop and ask again." Finn reasoned, violently swinging the minibus into the parking lot.

"And face that creepo closeted serial killer again? No thanks." Santana piped up from the back.

Quinn groaned. They had been driving for an hour and half, looking for an Everglades park that was supposedly only forty-five minutes away.

"I got it! GPS!" Mike called triumphantly, jogging up the aisle to direct Finn where to go.

"Mike, we trusted the GPS yesterday and we ended up in somebody's yard, lodged in a sand dune. It was seriously the beginning of a horror movie."

"This will be the beginning of a horror movie if we don't get off this damn bus soon." Quinn muttered. Rachel nudged her in the ribs.

"Quinn!" She chastised. "Just enjoy the scenery. I'm sure it's beautiful right?"

Quinn glanced out the window. It really wasn't. Key Largo was, but now they were off the islands wandering around some backwoods boondocks in swampland and gator country, waiting to be horrifically murdered by serial killers a la Deliverance. And, God it was so hot.

She gazed at Rachel, however, and hummed a yes in response. "It's gorgeous."

-oooooooooo-

Twenty minutes later, after Mike had thrown his phone against the wall of the bus and Puck had gotten directions again from the serial-killer-gas-station guy, they pulled into the Everglades park in one piece.

"Oh no." Mercedes said as soon as she caught sight of the air boats, "Finn's gonna be eaten by an alligator."

Everyone nodded matter-of-factly. It was only a matter of time before the boy was in the water. Santana seemed amused, but chose not to comment seeing as her hair was now eleven times its normal size. Way too much ammo for them to use against her. They all piled on one of the airboats, which were composed of seats facing forward, very short rails along the sides, and a massive, deafening, oh-my-God-i-think-my-eardrums-burst-why-is-that-so-fucking-loud fan on the back. Mike and Tina forced Finn into a middle seat, flanking him so that there was no way he could end up in the water.

Quinn plopped onto an edge seat and Rachel stopped, before moving to climb over her.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?"

Rachel paused. "I wanna sit on the edge."

"Why?"

"I don't know. It seems more...thrilling. And you can feel the wind and the water more."

Quinn chuckled. "Really Rach, you like the danger factor?"

Rachel nodded and felt around, ready to squeeze past her.

"No. You're not sitting here."

"Quinn!" Rachel whined.

"No. Sit down. You'll fall in and I'll have to beat up an alligator to get you back."

Rachel huffed, dropping into the middle seat and pouting. Quinn smiled slightly and leaned in to talk in her ear. "I just got you Rach. I can't let an alligator eat you."

"Would you jump in after me?"

Quinn was amused at the question. She pried Rachel's hand out of the brunette's crossed arms and held it in her own. She contemplated saying no. Joking, and saying that Rachel would have to fend for herself, but just thinking that made Quinn feel terrible.