Snow, Home, Us

"I wonder, Childe, why are you so fond of the snow?" Kaeya asked, his hand reaching for the other's, holding it tight. Their fingers intertwined, sharing each other's warmth.

The younger one turned his head, locking eyes with the bluenette.

"Ah, the snow?" he then lifted his head, staring at the blue sky above them. His lips curved into a smile.

"Because it reminds me of my homeland. A small village in Snezhnaya, Morepesok. My childhood, my family.."

"My younger siblings and their funny imaginations. I wonder what kind of questions they will ask once I got home. Last time they thought that people in Liyue ate stones.. and even made out of stones. When they finally meet you in person, they will start asking you if you are a pirate or something.. ah, how I missed them. I want to take you there, to Morepesok, sometimes" he chuckled, telling stories with enthusiasm.

"How about you? What reminds you most of your homeland?" Childe asked.

Silence.

Hearing no answer, he glanced at his lover, the bluenette. There he caught the other man dozing out, busy with his thoughts.

"Kaeya?"

The bluenette snapped, paying full attention back to Childe.

"Oh, my homeland.."

Childe noticed Kaeya's odd behavior, deciding not to press it further. Kaeya will eventually tell him whatever is on his mind sooner or later. Childe believed it with all his heart. He trusted Kaeya.

"Why did I ask, silly me. It must be the Dandelion Wine! Mondstadt's all-time signature" Childe laughed as he tighten his grip on Kaeya's hand. Telling him that it's alright. That he will be there anytime.

A faint smile curved on Kaeya's lips.

"The thing that reminds me most of my homeland.. is you"

Childe suddenly froze in shock, not expecting that answer. Confused, and a bit flustered by the thoughts running in his head.

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

Kaeya stopped beside the redhead.

"Because you're warm. All it takes for you to feel like home. To me, at least" Kaeya grinned. A whole laugh then escaped him.

The redhead turned red like a perfectly ripe tomato. He didn't expect to get teased like this, at all. He looked away, hiding his totally flushed face. But at the same time, he feels relieved hearing Kaeya's laugh.

He glanced at his lover. A beautiful smile painted Kaeya's face, on par with the owner. Childe could not in any way describe how beautiful is the man standing beside him, and how he would fight anyone against that.

"I can't believe you fell for that.." Kaeya's still laughing.

"Hey, I was being serious, you know" Childe can't help but to laugh with his lover. He walked faster, still embarrassed.

The Cavalry Captain hummed, adjusting his walk to catch up with Childe.

"Childe, wait"

Childe pretended not to hear him. Still facing Kaeya with his back, walking even faster.

"Schatz~" the bluenette called with a hint of flirtatious tone.

Childe stopped. He turned his head, locking his eyes with Kaeya's.

"What did you say?" He asked enthusiastically. His smile beamed.

"I said wait for me, Childe"

"No, after that"