Serendipitous Reunion

Note: Modern AU, with a bit of flashbacks.

-----

Kaeya stepped inside a nightclub, and soon the resplendent nightlife greets him. Loud music, a huge crowd of strangers he never met, the smell of liquors, and the flashing lights hurting his head.

Still, he'd come to this noisy place every now and then, for some personal reasons.

His eyes unconsciously look around, searching and analyzing the crowded building. As if he was hoping for something to happen, or for someone to appear in front of him.

Coming back to his senses, Kaeya walked over to the bar counter and sat on the farthest stool. He ordered his favorite drink—not really, he just didn't know what to order. He didn't know why he came to this place, either.

"Really, what am I doing.." Kaeya snickered to himself.

Drinking alone isn't that strange for him to do. Though he seemed to be getting along well with the others, he could often be seen alone.

Sometimes he just thought that he's not that close to anyone, and he feels lonely most of the time.

The bluenette finally decided that it was time for him to go home and lay on his bed. Mindlessly watching tv.

Just when he got up, his head bumped onto someone's face. The other person groaned in pain.

Kaeya was startled for a blink before he looked up, making sure the other person is okay.

The moment his gaze fell on that tall figure with bright azure eyes, Kaeya felt as if time is frozen for a split second.

Within that second he was too stunned to lift a finger. As if he already found what he was searching for.

The tall figure mirrored his actions, freezing where he stood, eyes fixed on the bluenette.

"..Kaeya?"

Kaeya tried to talk, or at least, let out any sound, but he couldn't. Instead, he gave an awkward smile, nodding gently.

"Long time no see—wow, you've changed quite a lot.." the reddish-brown-haired man analyzed Kaeya's appearance, head to toe. Then shook his head as he realize what he was doing.

"Err, so... wanna, drink? And chat?" He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Ah, of course, if you have urgent things to do.. you don't have to accept my offer"

Kaeya laughed at the flustered man, finally loosening himself up.

"How could I reject this precious offer? I don't have anything to do anyways" he smiled brightly.

The tall man, was amazed, as if he saw an angel before him. Suddenly blood runs down his nose.

"Childe, your nose is bleeding! Are you okay? Here, let me help" Kaeya leaned closer towards the other man, Childe.

The bluenette pinched Childe's nostrils, paying no attention to the few pair of eyes watching them, nor Childe's blood smearing his skin.

Childe couldn't help but flushed over the fact that Kaeya is standing right under his nose, only a few centimeters apart. He tried to suppress the urge to grab the bluenette's waist, telling him that he has been looking for him all these years.

The bluenette noticed Childe's intense gaze, his cheeks blushed with a hint of red.

"We should probably sit here first," Kaeya dragged the redhead gently, hand still pinching his nostrils.