Author's Note

Greetings Readers! Welcome to Book 3 of the Light Series!

As with all books in the series, this can be read as a standalone, but I would recommend at least reading book one before this one if you want to see reoccurring characters and have a bit of a background. In terms of the timeline, the main storyline for this book occurs two years after Into the Spotlight and four years after Bending Light.

As the title said, this is a Beauty and the Beast genderbend. While Beauty and the Beast is in the public domain, it obviously isn't owned by me. This version is though, so no copying! And if there are similarities to other retellings, keep in mind that we are all basing these on the same story. My intent is to make something new with a touch of old, a fairytale twist, if you will, because vanilla and chocolate together is the most delicious ice cream and you can't tell me otherwise.

If you're wondering, the Beast's perspective came entirely from how I would react in a certain situation... just saying.

Anyway, keeping with my attempts to be inclusive, especially with themes, there are also a few LGBTQ+ side vibes. Some subtle, and some basically a rainbow fired at your face (at least for me). Don't worry, it will not be as awkward as cartoon Lefou... I hope.

This time, we're going to try something a little different. I struggled finding images for chapter headings, so to make up for it, every chapter will start with a quote. Most are Disney, and from songs, but all have semi-citations so you can see what character says it, in what, and sometimes when.

Also, there will be a lot of references to Pride and Prejudice. Not over the top, but I figured it was very related to what I was trying to convey with my retelling, and the message behind the original story of Beauty and the Beast as a whole.

Comment rules are the same as in the last two books. Critiques are welcomed, but please be kind, and self promos ONLY on my message board. (You'll be removed otherwise)

Still interested? Hop on the bandwagon and join in! (Synopsis below)

Princess Luna of Yaquir angered the wrong person. Now she's doomed to be a beast, as ugly on the outside as she is within, unless she can find someone to love her.

At first, with her curse, she thought of only one thing.

Ashton.

The one thing she wanted, but never got. It made her bitter. And now, she's paying the price.

///

Brandon has never been like "the others." They turn to the latest forms of technology and entertainment, determined to make the most of every game and fad to come into their hands.

All he really wants is a safe haven to turn the pages of a book, and the ability to lose himself in a world of fiction and others' problems.

So when he finds out that libraries all over Yaquir are closing down due to decreased usage and an overabundance of E-books, and that his might be next, he decides to take matters into his own hands.

He never dreamed he'd actually end up at a castle instead. Just as he never dreamed he'd become hopelessly stuck there either.