1. English

This story will have around 5 short chapters... that I will try to post during the week :) As I said in the description, it won't have a big storyline... I literally just wrote this for the purpose of writing something... Sorry I'm taking all the magic away already 😅

Also, it's the first time I am not writing Merluca... so bear with me. I'm still trying to figure out how to write Mernick... but I love them, so I just started and we will see where this is going 💕

And last little note: Every second chapter will be the portuguese version. I don't expect anyone to read it, it's also a bit shorter... as I said it was mostly to challenge myself :)

..........

Part 1

"I'm sorry about Seattle

"I'm sorry about Seattle." – Nick

"I'm sorry about the cabin." – Meredith

"You know, when this stuff passes in the morning, we could always..." – Nick

"Yes." – Meredith

"Yeah?" – Nick

"Yes." Meredith couldn't keep the smile from forming on her lips. Somehow she was happy; somehow in that moment she felt happy. And she wasn't ready for that moment to end, so she tried to hold onto it just a little longer.

She still held Nick's hand in hers while she was looking at him laying on her hotel room bed. Her thoughts wandering to the moments they had spent together that day... He had turned around for her... She shook her head slightly at the thought. He had turned around so she wouldn't be alone... She felt the smile forming on her lips again. She had been so overwhelmed in the first moment and yet she had been and still was glad that he came back.

"You know that there are still some hours left till the morning, right?" She felt Nick squeezing her hand slightly, bringing her out of her thoughts. His voice slightly amused, but softly asking her.

He was turning to his side a little more so he could see her face better, her head now resting on her knee, looking at him.

"I know." Meredith had to laugh a little, unable to keep another smile from her lips. She shook her head again, still a little overwhelmed by the happiness she felt in that moment before she got a little quieter again.

"You okay?" Now she could hear a slight worry in his voice, while she saw him trying to find her eyes, wanting to make sure she was okay.

"I am." She quickly tried to assure him. "I-" She stopped for a moment , looking down at their hands, still holding each other's. Then she turned towards Nick again and added more sincerely "I'm really grateful that you're here with me today. Thank you."

She could see a small smile form on his lips at her words, making her blush a little.

"I'm glad to be here." He gave her another smile, just looking at her for some time, enjoying this moment with her.

"You don't want to lay down?" Nick started softly after a while.

"No... I actually do..." She answered, squeezing his hand one more time before she laid down on her side of the bed. She turned herself sideways, so she could face him; making herself comfortable, her hands tucked under her pillow.

She saw Nick reaching out towards her, putting some hair behind her ear and then letting his hand rest there, slightly caressing through her hair while he was smiling at her, making her smile in return. He was looking at her for some moments before he leaned in a little closer until he met her lips, tenderly kissing her.

She closed her eyes, trying to savor this feeling, this kiss, for as long as possible. When she felt Nick just slightly deepening the kiss, she let herself be carried by the feeling of him; of his hands gently going through her hair; of his lips urgently but tenderly capturing hers.

After they slightly pulled away after some moments, staying in this moment just a little longer, not wanting to be too far apart, she saw Nick leaning in a little closer again, this time putting a small kiss to her temple before he reluctantly laid down on his side again.

"Good night." He whispered, his hand caressing over her cheek one more time.

"Good night." Meredith answered, looking at him for a few more moments before she moved herself a little to lay more comfortably, getting closer to Nick.

After a moment she felt him embracing her, as he gently laid his arm around her body, making her feel... safe.

She closed her eyes, feeling his breathing, feeling his comfort as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

..........

Next part at the beginning of next week 💕