Chapter Thirty-Two

JJ, Pope and Kie were later met by Everleigh at an old garage. And as planes flew over them, JJ says, "There goes the gold."

"Shit!" JJ yells, kicking a chair next to where Everleigh was sitting on the ground.

She flinched, making him frown. She looked up at him, her eyes were puffy and red, and had dark circles around them. She shakes her head, and buries it in her knees again.

"Fuck!" Pope yells, going wild, hitting, throwing and kicking things.

"Pope!" Kiara shouts, trying to stop him.

"God damn it! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Damn it!"

Everleigh time Pope hit something, Everleigh

Pope finally gives up, collapsing across from Everleigh, who just stared at him.

"Yeah, dude." JJ says, approaching Pope. "I was wondering when this was gonna happen."

He pulls out a vape from his pocket and offers it to Pope, "Here you go, chief. A little weed never hurt no one."

"JJ." Kiara tries to stop him.

"Relax, Kie." JJ replies, rolling his eyes.

Kiara scoffs, "You know he doesn't smoke."

"If he doesn't want it I do." Everleigh mumbles, sniffling.

Pope takes the vape, "Well, maybe not until today." JJ says surprised.

"Pope." Kiara sighs.

Pope ignores her, taking a hit.

"Yeah, what is that gonna help?" She asks.

"I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview. Every... It's gone. It's not gonna happen." Pope mumbles as JJ sits next to him, looking up at Everleigh.

"You did that for us." Kiara whispers.

"No, not for us. For nothing." Pope answers.

"I'm here for you, Pope. Welcome to my world, okay?" JJ says standing up next to him.

"JJ..." Kiara starts.

"What, Kie? He's right." JJ says, shrugging his shoulders.

"It doesn't matter anymore." Everleigh adds, pushing herself up slowly.

"You don't have to do that." Kiara says, trying to convince Pope to stop.

Everleigh takes the vape out of his hand.

"What do you care?" He asks.

Everleigh takes a hit, and looks upwards, blowing the smoke into the air.

When Everleigh looks back down, she sees her twin brother. She sprints to him, as fast as she can. Embracing him in a hug.

He stood there emotionless as the other three run to him.

"Dude! Dude, you good?" JJ asks frantically.

"Oh, my God! John B!" Kiara exclaims.

Everleigh backs away from him, spotting his hands and lifting them up.

"What the hell?" Everleigh whispers.

"Is this yours?" JJ asks.

"Whose blood is that?" Kiara adds.

"Hey, you okay, man?" JJ asks quietly.

"John B, are you okay?" Everleigh asks, her voice cracking.

A cop siren is heard and John B pulls Everleigh behind a bookshelf, hugging her.

He leads the Pogues to the Twinkie, and he takes them to the police station. He explains every that happened on the tarmac on the way there.