Nightmare x Dust [Comfort]

It was night.
Yes. Night time.
A night full of crickets rubbing their legs to make that either annoying or relaxing sound. While fireflies lightly danced around the sky or simply in mid-air.

Quiet footsteps could be heard nearby.
Who is it?

It was a skeleton.
And not just a skeleton, it was Dust Sans.
What's he doing?
Taking a walk.

Dust had his skeletal hands in his hoodie pockets, it was sort of chilly but he honestly didn't care. He had a hoodie and his... red scarf. Why did he still keep it? Even after murdering his own brother... for L.O.V.E.

For revenge.
For hope?

Hope?
"What does that even mean?" Dust whispered to himself as he walked on a pathway. He was surrounded by pine trees. His thoughts were empty at first but they eventually swirled in, negatively.

And negative energy, attracted him.

"Dust? What are you doing up so late? I can sense your negativity from my room."

It was him.
Nightmare Sans.

Dust halted and tensed up, Papyrus was there. He was quiet the whole time but sometimes.. he would whisper things. Sometimes, make his brother feel bad for what he has done.

But also, make him feel nice. For trying.

"Boss? What- I-.." The hooded skeleton stammered and slumped his shoulders. "Am I important in this gang?" He regretted immediately for asking such a thing.

Silence.

Although, Nightmare was kind of confused on why would Dust say that. He walked closer and asked, "Of course you are, why would you ask that?"

Dust cringed, of course, why did he?

He breathed in.... then breathed out.

"It's kind of.. weird. Or, unfair? Is it unfair? But, I feel left out most of the time. I- I don't know how to explain. Th-there's so much, but I can't put it in words." Dust was radiating a lot of negative energy, it was delicious for Nightmare.

Hell, Dust wanted to cry but he didn't want to seem vulnerable to his boss.

"...Turn around..."

Sounded more like a command, so he flinched a bit before turning around slowly. Tears were at the corner of his eyes. His shoulders trembled slightly. He was trying to resist the urge to cry.

Nightmare should've felt amusement, but he didn't. He didn't like that his fellow gang were suffering. He may be the King of Nightmares, but even he cared.

The goopy skeleton sighed and walked closer, his tentacles went around Dust. No touch. But just there, to give a slight safety feeling. But also, not trapped vibes. "Dust.. It's okay to cry. I won't judge you. If you can't put it in words, just cry it all out. Don't bottle up your emotions.. it's fine. It'll be okay. You're going to be okay..." He was doing his absolute best to comfort him, he even opened up his arms, an offer for a hug.

Dust was taken back from this new behavior from Nightmare. But then again, he knew Nightmare also had and maybe still is, struggling with emotions. He listened to his words, more tears forming, causing the others tears to finally spill down. He immediately hugged Nightmare, his hands gripped on Nightmare's hoodie. Which, the King wrapped his arms around Dust, hugging him close. Soothing him by giving him gentle rubs on his back.

He began to cry and.. cry. Even screams of frustration but they were muffled. From all this crying, he was getting weak and sleepy.

Therefore, Nightmare's tentacles slowly lifted the sleepy skeleton up, and then he carried him as if he carried a bride. He had noticed Dust was close to falling asleep. "Thanks.. Boss." He whispered, slowly falling to sleep. Trusting his boss. He was still conscious though, takes a while to actually sleep.

"Anything for you." Nightmare whispered as he gentle placed a kiss on Dust's forehead. He had started to walk back to the mansion, to go tuck in Dust. It must've been exhausting to let it all out.

"Just call me Nightmare, Dust."

——————————————-

672 words