𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦

"i just hope this money take the pain away, don't judge my pain if you don't know the shit that i'm against"

𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐣𝐚𝐡 𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧

alijah sat behind the counter watching the recap of old basketball games while li checked out people.

"baby lemme get a pack of swishers too" the elder lady said taking out her id

aj reached up getting the pack handing it to li to scan before handing it to the lady. it was a pretty slow day for them since it was still early but it'd get more busy throughout the day this was the neighborhood hang out spot. the bell rang over the door alerting them someone had came in. aj looked up seeing heaven licking his lips unintentionally she had just gotten her hair and she looked good.

"hey li hi alijah" she smiled waving

"hey heaven your hairs cute"

"thank you"

"wassup hev" aj nodded watching her walk to the candy isle

the bell rang again and this time deja and some other li's other friends came in waving at aj and heaven before they got to gossiping with li.

"li move over there so i can ring hev up" aj told her getting out his seat

"you working all day?" heaven asked setting her snacks on the counter

"nah i get off at 3 why?" he asked scanning her stuff

"i heard there's a block party going on later you wanna go i heard li and dej going"

"where it's at?"

"it's at the park it's posed to be a big cookout then the party but knowing black niggas that shit won't start til 8 or 9"

"you gon come to my house and we go together or what?"

"come over to mine and we can go together we got the new mortal kombat that was released"

"you just want yo ass beat" aj chuckled

"boy bye you not beating me and when bugs leave?"

"they left at like 3 in the morning"

"when he coming back from nigeria?"

"before yo birthday" aj told her

"i miss my other bestie" heaven pouted

alijah sr paid for bugs mom and younger siblings to go to nigeria to visit some family during summer break. bugs was beyond happy because he missed his baba and nana and this would be the first time his younger sister and brother seen their grandparents since they were babies. he'd be gon for about a month or two depending on how long they decided to stay. most of his family lived there while his parents moved to the states for better job opportunities.

"i miss him too he said he was gon call us later whenever that is" aj shrugged taking the money heaven gave him

"i thought you worked today?"

"nope they changed my schedule last minute i work the morning shift tomorrow unfortunately" heaven sighed

she didn't like the morning shift because she liked to sleep in but at least she could hang out with her family and aj later on during the day. heaven couldn't complain too much because she loved her getting paycheck every 2 weeks. she liked being able to buy the stuff she really wanted too and was saving up for a car.

"come on hev"

"see you later aj bye y'all bye li" heaven said

—————

aj and heaven sat on the living room floor with a pizza box in between them watching the croods on netflix. it was going around 8pm and the block party had started but no kids were allowed although they were teenagers, they didn't mind it though because it was hot as hell outside.

"heaven?"

"wassup?" she said turning to look at aj

"i gotta tell you something" he told her

heaven immediately started to freak out thinking about the worse things he could possibly tell her before pausing the movie fully turning her body towards him.

"ian even gon like i been liking you since eighth grade summer" he started off making her smile

"like as a friend or like like?" she asked

"like like" he said

"i've liked you for a while too" heaven admitted looking down at her lap making some braids fall in her face

"basically what i'm saying is i like you alot more than just a bestfriend and well will you be my girlfriend?" he asked scratching his neck

if heaven was a shade lighter you'd see her bright red cheeks. she looked at aj who was looking at her nervously before smiling. alijah was scared to hear what she had to say, heaven was different from the other girls he'd previously liked or dated. he actually wanted to be with her forever, however long forever was for two 14 year olds.

"really?"

"duh nigga"

"mmcht shut up, but yes i'll be your girlfriend alijah" heaven smiled leaning over kissing his cheek

andddd that's a wrap! this was a short story sorry there will be no part 2 don't fight me because i know how y'all like to tussle.
thank you all so much for the love and support on this book i love y'all
vote comment allat & excuse mistakes
byeee🤎🤎- mo
11/22/2021