Chapter 23

Scarlett's POV

When I heard Paul call Ada "wifey" at first I'm completely shocked but I found it sweet. They know their limitations and I trust them not to rush their relationship. Paul told me that Ada will go to prom we consult her doctors about this and they give her limited time and the ambulance is stand by outside the school in case something happens.

Ada, on the other hand, is excited and browsing the internet for her dress. Lizzie and I help her pick her dress. "I want this one, simple yet pleasing to the eyes," she said. I look at Lizzie and she agrees.

"Okay, I tell that to my designer to make it asap. Let me get your sizes first so everything will fit perfectly" I said.

After I get everything, I call my designer right away and tell him Ada's size and show the reference of the dress. They work immediately and after a day they will send the dress here.

"What if we can't find a donor for her?" I ask Lizzie, my gaze locked on Ada who's sleeping. "We can find a donor for her. Don't lose hope." She said and kiss my cheeks. I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Will God hear my prayers? Is that too much to ask that he let my daughter live more? Or am I being selfish to keep her alive even though she's saying she's tired?" I ask her again. She held my jaw and look at me in the eyes. "He heard your prayers. It's not too much to ask because you want to make it up to her, to give her everything you didn't give a few years ago. But being selfish I don't know, love. If she can't fight anymore we have to accept that and let her rest"

I know she's tired, so tired. I want her to live, to stay but Lizzie is right, if she begged for me to let her rest, I let her. I let her rest and be with her sister.

The moment of silence gets interrupted by a knock on the door. "Good afternoon, Ms. Johansson the result of your match for Ada is here. Doctor Yang wants to explain everything to you in her office." An intern said.

"Go, I look for Ada," Lizzie said. I kiss her lips and get outside the room. My heart beats so fast and my hands are sweating.

If my heart can save her, I will give it to her. My heart is nothing if my daughter is dead.

Ada's POV

I wake up and look around, mom is not here. "Where mom?" I ask aunt Lizzie. "Doctor yang talks to her about your condition." I nod.

She stands up and elevates the bed. She gives me water since my throat is already dry. I ask for a slice of Apple, I can't have a full meal since my treatment needs moderate food or it will affect my digestive system.

She gives me slices of Apple and grapes. I'm enjoying the fruits until someone gets into my room. It's Paul. He just got out of school.

"Hi, wifey" he greets me, "Hi, Ms. Olsen." Aunt Lizzie smile and looks at me teasing. I look away. I can feel my cheeks are burning. This moron knows how to make me fluttered. Aunt Liz give us the room so we can talk.

He gave me a bouquet and place the food he gets. "You have assignments to do?" I ask him. "Just one essay, I finish everything in the school since we have vacant hours." He said.

"How's school?" I ask him. "They started to decorate the quadrangle with the theme. The fools also help, I assist with the lights and decorate the stage. They miss you because you're the one who dictates us where to put the things in the right place to make them beautiful." He explained.

"Well, they have to learn how to live without me," I said. "And you also, you have to learn it. Take your time, if you want to throw or keep the things that reminded you of me then do it. If forgetting about me helps you to move on, I understand." I said. "I won't throw those precious things we have, or forget about you. I'm not moving on but I'm moving forward" I nod and hold his hand.