Part 8

Hope you guys are enjoying it. This next part is dedicated to my grandfathers.

please remember to comment and vote

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

On the opposite side of the country, he paced back and forth waiting in the foyer of the magnificent house. Having an idea of why the man wanted to meet him he couldn't quite calm the nervousness he was experiencing.

At twenty three, Gabriel had experienced almost everything this hidden world had to offer, from training and fighting, to learning old tongues and reading lost manuscripts, he also knew that the moment he was born he would be the first hand of the ruler be it a male or female, their faction, group or family as he called it, didn't believe gender played a part in the role, the powers came to anyone born on that specific day from the Light line and his line the Azazels protected them, taught them and encouraged them.

He heard through the grapevine that the new ruler was awakening but he didnt know who or where they were. No one was ever told who the new ruler would be or when the date was, the highly kept secret was only because of fear of discovery and attack.

Sitting back down, Gabriel wiped his hands on his pants trying to regulate his breathing before he was called in, it wouldnt do him well if they were to see a nervous young man who couldnt do whatever task the planned to bestow upon him he decided.

jumping up as he heard the door creak open an older butler type gentleman stepped out motioning him forward ' his ready for you' his grave deep voice filled the space motioning for Gabriel to step inside.

The office was as expected, plush, elegant and expensive with a high back chair and broad older looking man sitting in it. recognizing the man slightly as the caretaker or steward of the entire family Gabriel slightly bowed 'Mr Light thank you for the audience' Gabriel stated courteously for this man although kind and loving when he was kid was still important and was shown respect.

"Ah young Gabriel, you have grown into a fine young man, come sit down let me get you a coffee" Mr light gestured to one of the chairs "How are your parents, well i hope? and how are you doing at that what is it design firm?' he continued stepping around to pour coffee for the both of them.

"Uh yes sir, they are great, and the architect firm is doing well, i have a couple of projects i'm in charge of and a thesis i need to finish" Gabriel finished accepting the cup.

"Good good, that's good to hear, you were always a bright boy, but i must admit i called you here for another reason" Mr light continued, he did like Gabriel and trained him as much as he could when he was younger, but he knew he didnt have enough time yet and that it was starting soon or if his worry was correct already started.

"Yes sir, i understand and before you start i would just like to say that i am ready, willing and able to help in anyway' Gabriel finished proudly, the moment has come when he was going to fulfill his duty, he never minded that he wasnt going to be the ruler or have that extent of power the stories said came with the position, he knew that his purpose was also important and he didnt much like been responsible for every single little thing.

"The time has come the new ruler, is awakening as im sure you heard" Mr light started , he was aware of the rumor's in the family that were going around , and before Gabriel interjected he continued " i am at liberty to give you the identity of the ruler, but this wont be an easy task, do you accept it Gabriel? as always it must be a choice' he finished

"Yes i accept sir steward" Gabriel finished professionally, it was exciting to think he would know who his charge would be and the prospects of this journey with them.

"The new ruler is my Granddaughter Jasmine Knight" Mr Light finished as if the weight of the secret finally lifted off his shoulders

"Your granddaughter" Gabriel murmured, he remembered jasmine from when they were kids, fiery stubborn up to mischief pigtailed little girl who was one day his best friend and nemesis when they played together. needless to say the fought and laughed and ran wild together. However he never remembered her showing any power or any inclination of having power.

"Yes my granddaughter, but its different when she was born we blocked her so she doesn't know what she is, also all the memories she had growing up were altered so keep her curiosity at bay" Mr light said sadly, it was a hard decision he and jasmine's parents made, but one that had to be done.

"I see" Gabriel stated he remembered what kind of trouble they use to get into when they were younger mostly due to Jasmines curiosity.

"She is beginning to awaken and i am not sure what that look likes, so you need to go to her find any pretense to be by her but don't reveal yourself until she recognizes you" Mr Light finished dismissing Gabriel and praying silently that his eldest grandchild is ok