Chapter 10 Rest Of My Life

The sun was very hot on this particular day, you felt very lucky that you were in a tank top and shorts. You look around and see the boys who had long trousers and long sleeved shirts on who are sweating, some of them take their shirts off and you can't help but look and crack a smile.

When lunchtime came around you looked for Newt but he wasn't around 'huh guess he's having lunch with Alby' you say to yourself smiling. You sit down next to Gally and start eating. Gally has his shirt off and you notice his muscly torso and you realise that Gally is actually very attractive.
"Can I help you shank?" Gally said laughing. "Oh uh no sorry" you say smiling. "What is your job around here? Your a builder right?" You ask him them put some carrots in your mouth.
"Yeah, greenie! Alby has me and Ben building a hut in the woods for certain supplies" he says looking exhausted.
"Oh. Just you two? That is gonna take you a while?" You reply. "Yeah you bet it will, plus when Ben starts to be a runner it's gonna be me on my own" he says rolling his eyes. "Well I'll help you if you want?" You say. You kind of want Gally to like you as if he doesn't it could make your life very difficult seeing as he is the muscle of the glade.
"PHAHAA!" He laughs loudly, some of the boys look around to you startled by the noise. "You? You're not that strong greenie!" He says. You are quite annoyed at this. "Excuse me!" You laugh "I think you'd be surprised" you say tucking back into your food. You don't know how strong you are but you know that you feel strong!

The sun started to set and the bell rang for work to stop. You didn't feel too hungry as you were excited about what Newt had to tell you tonight. So instead of going to eat you go and wash your hands and face as you were covered in soil.

When you were clean you walked over to the flower bed taking a fire torch with you just in case you were there for a while. You hoped you would be. You took your hair out of a band and shook your head to make your hair look half decent at least.

"Hey greenie" a deep voice behind you said. Your mouth instantly curved into a smile and you bite your lip.
"Hey" you say back realising that maybe you should have a nickname for Newt seeing as he calls you greenie. "Hey Newt, you know you call me greenie? Well I think I need a name for you" you laugh as he sits down next to you and places his hand on top of yours.
"No you don't, I like hearing your voice say my name" he says as he kisses your forehead. You shiver as his lips touch your head.
"You cold greenie?" He says as he notices the shiver. He takes of his over shirt and offers it to you.
"Oh Newt no it's fine you'll be cold now!" You say pushing his hand away.
"No I'm boiling, been cooped up in council hall all day, the breeze is nice" he says lifting his head up, closing his eyes and breathing deeply through his nose. He looks so relaxed.

You take the shirt and put it on, it's far too big for you but as you pull it over your head you smell Newt's scent and it immediately relaxes you. You see Newt look over to you and smile. He knows what your thinking.

You carried on talking for a while forgetting that he wanted to tell you something. You talked about your day and even though it was not eventful Newt listened anyway and you listened to him watching his mouth move and his dark brown eyes sparkle.

" Greenie....." Newt says nervously scratching the back of his head.
" I am in love with you" he says looking away from you.
'OH MY GOD NEWT TOLD ME HE LOVES ME!! WHAT DO I SAY?!?!' You ask yourself. You decide that actions speak louder than words in this particular situation. You kneel up and move to sit in front of him. You touch his cheek like he has done to you many times. You lean in and kiss him passionately for about a minute then you pull away and whisper in his ear "I'm in love with you too Newt" you put emphasis on his name.

You realise that you do love Newt. What you know about him you are totally in love with! The feeling you felt when you first saw him was the start of something big. You smile and hug him knocking him to the ground. You both laugh together.

"Hey greenie, I will love you for the rest of my life" he says as he looks at you and strokes your cheek. You know that you aren't in the perfect situation for a relationship but you want him just as much as he wants you. You don't know how long you'll survive and for a second you feel sad. But that soon disappears when you look into Newt's eyes and all you feel is happiness.

You laugh. "Newt, I don't need you love me for the rest of your life. I just need you to love me for the rest of mine you promise?" Newt smiles sweetly "I promise greenie"