The Search for a Superstar - 4

Marylin POV

        I tried. I really tried to send him a sign. However he kept smiling foolishly at me during the whole performance, my lipstick sill stongly resting on the side of his lips. I mentally facepalmed myself, everytime that I would I send him a sign and he wouldn't notice it - and God knows how many times I tried. If I literally facepalme for each time I mentally facepalmed, I would have a serious headache by now. This boy is incredibly charming but right now he's loosing all his credibility.

         As soon as I finished singing, the host, Jason Krens, came to join me on stage. '' Make some noise for Marylin Carter everybody ! You did great Marylin. '' Jason said after I finished performing. The audience kept clapping for almost one minute. Jason and I were standing in front of the judging table. It was time to discuss about my performance.

'' Let's talk quickly about Marylin's very first time on stage. Andre you go first. '' Jason said.

'' From the beginning of this adventure, Marylin knew how to show what she's capable of. [...] ''

As Andre was talking I took the opportunity to draw Matthew's attention. I waited for him to look in my direction and as soon as he did, I whipped the corner of my mouth repeatedly. I tried to act natural, but oh how I must look like a weirdo right now. Damn it, this all situation is weird. You wouldn't see such a scene even in the most terrible movie. Impossible. This is ridiculous. How could this even happen ? Oh right, Matthew. It's all Matthew's fault. He's the one to blame. He couldn't have keep his lips for himself.

Embarassing. Embarassing. So embarassing.

Jazmina must have notice my sudden change of attitude because she immediatly glanced at Matthew, who looked really confused. He mouthed me a ' what ' and I rolled my eyes. For a moment I forgot all about the cameras.

I was relieved when Jazmina eyes widened and out of nowhere she took out a Kleenex and wipped his mouth, discreetly. Thank God. I just hope that she didn't suspect anything. Matthew looked at her as if she was crazy. She leaned toward him and whispered something in his ear. Matthew's eyes widened. He knew. He glanced at me, embarassed.

'' [...] Tonight she prove once again that she's able to sing any type of music, but I think you should gain much more confidence. '' Andre finished.

'' Good. What about you Jazmina ? ''

Jazmina turned her head quickly toward Jason. '' Hum, I-I agree with Andre about the confidence. I think you should also take up more space on stage. But your performance was really great. I liked the fact that you didn't try to copy Beyoncé, you did it your own way. This is exactly what I call an artist. Marylin you have a huge potential. '' she said.

'' Alright. Matthew ? ''

Matthew's smile, that he displayed since the beggining of my performance, was now gone. Not surprising. I hope he feels really stupid right now. Because that was a stupid move. Even if I liked the kiss, it still was stupid and innapropriate.

''  I... think that I liked the way y-you sing the song. '' It's really not the time to stutter Matthew. '' It was one of my favorite performance from tonight. '' he finished.

'' Ok. Thank you guys. Marylin you can go backstage. Next candidate to come is Jeremy. '' Jason announced.

        One hour later.

      All the candidates, including me, are sitting backstage. We're waiting for the judges. They're suppose to give us some advices for the next show.

Once everything was over, we all started packing our stuffs so we can all regain our hotel. Basically they told us that they were proud of our work, but some of us ( Me ! ) need to gain more confidence. They also told us that the key to succeed is just to have fun on stage. Let the stress out. Yeah, yeah... easy to say, but not easy to do.