Flutter

22- Flutter

Trunks blinked his tired eyes as he leaned back to stretch. For the last several hours, he had been bent over the desk in the basement of the apartments working on the communicator for his and Pan's new ship. They had been working on the ship diligently for the last six months, and it was starting to come together.

The base of it was complete, the inside was being worked on at the moment, and the outside would need more work to make sure that the blast-off wouldn't damage anything, but it wouldn't take Trunks long to handle it. The ship was a lot smaller than the one they had used when searching for the Black Star Dragon Balls. It had only one level, with one bedroom that had a small bathroom attached to it. The kitchen and living room were together with a small closet for storage. The control room was modest; Trunks didn't want to add anything that could possibly overheat the engine. If he were lucky, the communicator would be finished within the next few months, once the rest of the parts arrived, and by then, more of the ship would be complete.

Namek couldn't be too hard to find. Surely, if he sent out a message stating who he and Pan were, the Namekians would contact them back. They had a good relationship with the Z-Fighters.

"Trunks," arms wrapped around his shoulders and soft lips pressed against his cheek. "I finished it."

Trunks smiled and turned his head to look at Pan. She had been inside the ship, finishing up nailing pieces of metal in what would be their bedroom. She had been adamant about helping him and wouldn't take no for an answer. Truthfully, Trunks was glad he had taught her what he had. Her help had sped up the processes more than what he thought it would, and it was because of her help that they would only have six months left to work on the ship - if they were lucky.

Pan removed her arms from around his neck and turned his chair around. "Come on," she reached down and grabbed his hand. "You've been working on that nonstop for hours. It's time to go to the apartment and relax for the night."

Obediently, Trunks let her pull him to his feet. He shut the basement behind them, and it locked automatically. Only he and Hade had a key for the door.

They made it to their apartment, and a domiciliary set in. Trunks wasn't the best cook, but he helped Pan prepare their meal. They sat down at the small table near the window in the living room, and Pan smiled fondly at the plant sitting on the sill. It was thriving because Pan had been taking such great care of it. She wanted it healthy and alive whenever Goku came back.

"Trunks, what's one of the first things you want to do once we get earth and our families back?" Pan asked him curiously.

"I want to see my family," he answered instantly.

He missed his parents tremendously, even if there had been times where they both irked him. His mother liked to be controlling, or so Trunks had thought. Looking back now, he realized that a lot of what his mother had done was for his own good. He missed his father, too, even if the man did like to kick his ass when they trained. And, of course, he missed Bulla. She was the biggest pest he knew, but she was the one he could tease their parents with.

"Me too," Pan nodded. "I want to see my Mama," she said softly. "I want to hug her tightly and apologize for sneaking onto the ship. I want to apologize for being such a brat. I want to hug Gohan and Marron; I even want to hug Goten," she laughed softly. "And I can't wait to bring Papa back." There was a small smile on her lips, "but I meant, what do you want to do after that? Tending to our families is a given."

Trunks furrowed his brows, "you mean, once we get back to everyday life?"

"Mhm," Pan nodded.

"What do you want to do?" He asked her curiously.