2

"My name is Kakashi Hatake, the son of the White Fang." Kakashi stared down at the three kids in front of him, who hadn't moved a single muscle since he had arrived. "You are going to tell me three things. Tell us your reason for joining the academy, something you like, and what is your dream."

"I'll go first. I joined because I wanted to become a ninja better than my father. I like to hang out with friends. My dream is to be someone that isn't under my father's shadow." Naruto crossed his arm and nodded in satisfaction with his answer. "Your turn Sasuke."

"Fine. I joined the academy because I want to be just like my brother. I like to admire the beauty in things. My dream is to be ANBU so I can help my village stay safe." Sasuke then called out to Sakura but she said nothing. Again he called out to her.

Sakura's ears perked up at the mention of her name. "Come on, I don't have all day for you to be daydreaming. I'm supposed to meet my brother after this and I want to be punctual." Sasuke had turned to stare her down.

"Sakura, we are just trying to get to know a little about yourself. Tell us your reason for joining the academy, something you like, and what is your dream." Kakashi stated.

Sakura leaned back in her seat and turned to look at the window before staring back at her team. "I had joined on a whim because my friend at the time asked me to." Inhaling deeply, she exhaled as if she were bothered by something. "I like to learn and study but for my dream, I don't have one."

Naruto slammed his hand on the desk while turning to look at Sakura. "Stop trying to act so cool. Everyone has a dream and we all know you like that since you are at the top of the class. God, I'm not only stuck with an asshole. I'm also stuck with miss perfect." He tsked before plopping himself back down.

"Settle down." Kakashi caught their attention and he received an apology from Naruto. "We will be meeting at training ground seven at eight in the morning. Genin missions are just basic training and the lowest of the low mission which is extremely easy. If you don't know, every mission you do the more money you get."

"How much money are we talking, Kakashi-sensei?" Sasuke rose his hand and waited for any answer.

"Since you are fresh from the academy we will be doing a lot of D-rank missions. The reward for a D-rank mission is between 5,000 and 50,000 Ryo. Whatever you do with your money is not my concern but you must provide your weapons from here on out. If you want to be stuck with your cheap academy handouts that are your problem." He paused for a few seconds. "I'm just a stepping stone for your next rank. It's up to you if you want to continue forward on being a better ninja."

Without another word, Kakashi excused himself from the room, leaving his students behind. Sasuke was the first to get up. "This is going to be a cakewalk. I'm already out of your guys' lead since I have my brother that I train with."

"Ha! I have been training with my father, Sasuke. I'm more capable and trained than you or Sakura. When it's time to become a chunin, I'll be the first one out of us." Naruto pushed Sasuke to the side and exited the room.

"Hey, get back here Naruto." Sasuke followed him out without sparing a glance at their lone teammate.

Sakura waited a few minutes before leaving herself.  When she made it outside, the first person she saw was a light blonde-haired girl staring right back at her. As soon as the girl recognized Sakura, her soft look turned into a glare. "Well if it isn't Sakura." She made her way to her while the blonde's teammates followed. "I couldn't believe that you got teamed up with Sasuke and Naruto, who I might add, are the most talented people in our generation. Then  you have a teacher raised by the Konoha's White Fang."

"I know. I couldn't believe it myself but being one of the best gets you the best." Sakura smiled as she could feel Ino's glare worsens.

Ino crossed her arms and smiled back. "Just because you are book smart doesn't put you at the same level as them. Don't get full of yourself because you are barely good enough to be genin."

"You're just mad that I have Sasuke-Kun and Naruto-kun are my teammates and not yours."

Ino's face redden. "Oh shut up! Like either of them likes you anyway. They never paid any attention to you." Ino began to walk away. "Just don't get too comfortable with my Sasuke-kun."

"What a drag," Shikamaru stated while looking up at the sky. "I feel sorry for you. You have a lot of catching up to do since those two are trained by the elite." Choji nodded in agreement.

Sakura watched as Ino stormed off and glance at the two boys before going her separate ways. In the distance, she responded loud enough for them to hear like it was a whisper. "That may be but in action experience is what sets us apart."