Aquarius

Lucy squeezed her eyes shut. Her ears deafening by the rumbling around her. She could feel herself hitting the cold water as she curled herself into a ball, praying that she wouldn't hit anything sharp. I sure hope Yukino is okay.

She felt her body getting yanked left and right by the water current. Lucy cluched the key tightly. The violent torrents subdued. Something slithered around her. A scaly smooth texture brushed her skin.

"Hhaaahh!!" Lucy broke onto the surface, her ears hurting from the change of water pressure. Her eyes fluttered open. She coughed. With her blurry eyes she could make up the silhouette of a mermaid. The sun behind her shadowing her face. "Aquarius ?"

Then she was pulled back into the water then spitted onto the sand. "H-Hey!" Lucy desperately rubbed her eyes but when her eyes are finally able to see properly again, all she saw was a fishtail sinking back into the water. Lucy stared out into the ocean. A stir beside her snap her out of the daze. "Yukino! Thank god!" She crawled to her friend looking down at her.

Yukino coughed. Water sprayed out of her mouth. Lucy patted her back.

"W-where are we?"

Lucy looked around. They were in front of their cottage. She felt around her pockets and relaxed when she felt the cold metal keys still there. "We are in paradise."

---

"You okay?" Lucy asked as a wince was heard from the bathroom.

"Yeah, just found a scratch."

"I'll get the bandages. Yell if you need anything okay?"

Lucy pushed herself of her bed ignoring the groans and fatigue in her body. The bath got most of the soreness out and her legs sported a few new bruises. Jumping around on rocks, barefooted, was probable not a good decision. She walked over to the shared desk. Opening the drawer taking out the first aid kit. The key rested on the desk. Lucy sighed. She tried to call Aquarius again, when she was in the bath but nothing happened. She was sure the person who saved them was her but why wouldn't she appear now?

Yukino got out of the bath, hair braided and sat on the bed. Lucy rubbed some alcohol on the q-tip and gently pressed on the slit on her shoulder. Yukino hissed a few times but otherwise didn't move. "Thanks. Any luck?"

"No, not even calling her in the ocean. That's the only place she doesn't complain about when summoned!"

Yukino chuckled. "Well at least we got it. Honestly it was easier then I thought. It didn't take too long."

"It was, weird isn't it." Lucy laid down on her bed, tired. "Well, I'm not complaining."

Yukino did the same and breathed out in relaxation. She turned her head to the right. "So, what do you want to do now? Go home? Stay a few more days?"

"I don't know yet. Ask me tomorrow. " Lucy yawned as she tugged the bedsheets. "If you don't mind, I'm turning off the lights."

"Alright, goodnight."

---

The sun was warm in the spring breeze. The water sparkled and the drink in Lucy's hand just hits the right spots. This. This is the life! Tilting her sunglasses she saw  Pisces cutting down a sand block.

Yukino smiled. Libra tried to stop Virgo from digging into the center of the earth. They probably rarely get to interact with each other on earth.

The two of them decided to spend the day relaxing allowing their celestial spirits to use their energy as much as they want. Lucy had made sure to save up the money she made as a reporter. Yukino's team never had much of a problem with money.

Lucy leaned back and closed her eyes. The sea breeze brush over her skin. Her mind started to wander. I wonder what Natsu and Happy are doing? I hope they didn't get into any trouble. Oh who am I kidding, of course they will. Lucy smiled to herself. They'll be fine, Natsu's strong enough. 

"So, how has life been in Sabertooth?" Lucy looked over to her right. Yukino let out a sigh.

"It's different."

"Different? Different good?" Lucy sat up, gripping the sides of the chair.

"Don't get me wrong!" Yukino flailed her hand around. " It's been a lot less toxic after Sting took over. Everyone has been...nice, yeah, they are nice..." She froze. Lucy swung her legs to face her.

"Yukino...?"

"Ah, yes! It's been good, good." Yukino snapped her head to face Lucy.

"That's. Good...?" Her pitch raising at the end. "Have you been going out on jobs?"

"Oh, yes! There has been a lot happening around the kingdom."

"Ah. Who do you go out with?"

"Minerva."

"Of course. Anyone else...?"

"Sting and Rouge sometimes tag along."

"Oh...anyone else?"

"Umm, no?" Yukino tilted her head.

"Yukino."

"Yes."

"Is there anyone else you talk to?"

"W-well, there is this girl and guy I regularly talk to."

"Yes? What's their name?" Lucy slowly leaned in.

"Ryan and Elisa! I t-think." Yukino's eyes darted towards the ocean.

"...Alright, that's good." Lucy turned. She slunk back into her seat. Yukino clenched her hands. Lucy took another sip of her drink and sighs in satisfaction. "So, how is Minerva!"

"Oh! She's been great!"......

---

"...and then Rouge grabbed Sting by the ear and threw him over his shoulder into the pile of barrels!"

"Hahahaha, over a piece of! Pfftt hahahaha!" Lucy hugged her stomach.

"Yep. Minerva couldn't stand it anymore and placed them both in Territory Drain for a while."

Lucy whistled. "She really doesn't let up on the punishments."

"She...could be intense but hey, they asked for it!" Yukino rubbed her neck.

"Two dragon slayers going head t head. Our fire-breather fights with the ice prince then the other dragon slayers. Erza always has to stop them or else the guild gets destroyed. Seriously, our guild needs to be rebuild so many times it's a miracle we still have funds." Lucy chuckled.

"That sounds fun." Yukino clapped her hands together.

"Fun?" Lucy cracked an eye open. Yukino giggled.

"Oh! They're gone." Yukino's gaze swept the beach. A detailed sandcastle stood to the right of a ginormous circle with wet sand that was evidently dug from somewhere else. "Wow! Look at Pisces's masterpiece."

"Is that...me?" Lucy slapped her forehead. Yukino laughed.

All of a sudden the ground starts to shake.

"AAAAAAAAAA!!!" A familiar shriek has heard accompanied by a high-pitched screaming. Lucy squinted her eyes at the distance where a dust cloud could be seen.

"Is that." Yukino grabbed her chair to steady herself. "Natsu-san?"

"Oh no." Lucy covered her face as the pink-haired boy and the flying cat knocked down her 'abstract' sand sculpture.

"Of course. What are you guys doing here?"

"Luce!" Natsu's eyes glimmered then he grabbed her and slung her over the shoulder. Running at full speed. Happy grabbed onto Yukino's back and flew at the same speed.

"What the? Put me down! Hey!" Lucy balled her first and hit his back.

"THEY ARE COMING!!!" Happy screamed.

"Who?" Yukino looked a little pale as she turned her head.

"Where is Lisanna? I thought she was with you!" Lucy asked.

"Captured. Hold on!!!"