Sea Maiden

"If only you can just open the stupid wall or something." said Yukino as her eyes stared at the hilt of the key.

"Open...OPEN! Your a genius Yukino!" said Lucy as she sprang from her spot."Open gate of the mermaid! Aquarius!" The walls began to shake and the whole piece of the rock wall fell off and through it was a gigantic pool. Columns of salt crystals grew from the walls glowing with algae inside. Aqaurius key shines and flew into the other end of the pool sitting on a ice pedestal.

"Well that's my cue to leave." said Loki as he disappeared into light.

"Wait, what! Loki you knew didn't you!!!" A light (Huhu) chuckle could be heard as he dissaped in light.

"How do we get it?"

"I don't know.....Oh look! Writings!" said Lucy as she skimmed the wall.

"Huh.. Don't know how to read it."

"That's why I brought this baby." said Lucy as she took out her magic glasses. "To take hold of the key you must pass the test to prove yourself worthy of becoming the sea maiden's master. Get the key by your own strength. Seems simple enough." Lucy threw her bag to one side and dive right in.

Of course it wasn't going to be that easy. The current started to change and the tides created a rip where they swept the water towards the crystals on either sides. Yukino gulped as the waves were torn apart by the waves.

Lucy struggled to get out of the rip. A wave of despair washed over her as she felt her strength disappearing. So close, she remarked at edge of the rip. Should could almost touch the other side. If only my fingers were just a bit longer... A violent wave pulled her back. I can't do this... "Thank you...Lucy..." No! I can do it! With the last of her strength she tore through the current and yanked herself up the side.

"Yes!" cheered Yukino.

Lucy's legs wobbled as she try not to slip on the cave floor. One step at a time as she climbed up the stairs. She held out her hand and closed on the key. The warm metal felt familiar on her hands. Her ears started to stuff as she looked at the key. I muffled cry woke Lucy from her trance.

"Lucy the walls are closing in!!!" shouted Yukino.

Lucy's ear exploded from the noise that finally reached her ears. She dive down into the water and just like a kid in a bath again... "Open gate of the water bearer, Aquarius!"

-----------------

Wow it's been a year! Having read the 100 year quest I'm not sure if this fan fiction is such a good idea...

Do you think I should finish it or try to reconnect with the main story?