Ch.1 First Impressions

Life was nothing like Kazuichi wanted, not even in the slightest, but at least he was rich. He had a good job as a surgeon, a car, a lavish yet cozy apartment, and made enough money to retire early with no fear of student debts. What was there to be so dissatisfied with? What was so terrible about the way he lived now?

Nothing really, only that it was not what he wanted.

Kazuichi worked hard all his life to reach his residency step in his early twenties. He studied relentlessly making sure to understand each part of the text. Even if this wasn't his profession of choice he didn't want to take something as serious as the lives of his patients so lightly.

His life was so unfulfilling, but he learned to accept it and make all his days count. He has been living with a mind set like that for 3 years, until a new doctor transferred to his hospital.

It was love at first sight.

Everything changed when Kazuichi saw her. Her golden blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, and sweet smile. She had stolen his heart so effortlessly. She adapted to work and befriended the employees with ease. She fit right in. It was as if she has been here for years.

Her name was Sonia Tanaka.

Not only was she beautiful, she had great leadership skills, and was meticulous with her work. He wanted to ask her out but he didn't know where to start. He was inexperienced. Kazuichi never had time or privilege to date before so he didn't know how to approach her. She was the one to approach him. That's when they began talking and kindling a new friendship.

Kazuichi thought he can take his time before asking her out but one day, a ring dropped out of her pocket and he had it picked up. He returned it without thinking much of the piece of jewelry. She thanked him and told him how she would be lost without her wedding ring.

Her wedding ring?

Sonia's wedding ring....

His heart shattered.

His one and only love was a married woman. He disgracefully hit on her while she was married. It was of total shock for him. How could this happen? His first love was a married woman! He was prying on someone who's married! He was going to become a home wrecker!! (He'd only ever become a home wrecker if he could actually get her.)

Okay, maybe not a home wrecker but he was still hitting on her with indecent thoughts. He was shaken to his core. Has he not done enough in life to deserve a little piece of happiness?

He was so lost and absent minded for the next few days that he was making the most common mistakes for every procedure. Everyone recommended he took sometime off to rest and recuperate. So he took four days off from work.

Over his four days off of work he came to the resolution that he would lock his feelings away and move on. And so, with Kazuichi's new found spirit, he thought a new haircut would harden his resolve. It will symbolize his change.

The moment that Kazuichi, with his resolve, arrived back at the hospital all the staff stared at him intensely. Whispers ran a bout as everyone wanted to see Kazuichi's new look. His long mullet was gone. He had short pink hair that was slicked back. It gave him a classy, hot, and financially really well-off aura. He seemed refined yet such a wildcard because of his pink hair and unique features.

In simpler terms, he looked like a hot and wild sugar daddy.

The first thought in people's minds were that haircuts really do change the way you look, and the second thought was, 'oh wow, he's really hot.'

When Sonia saw she seemed shocked and said it looked good and went on with her day as usual. Kazuichi was a bit hurt by that casual reaction, but what did he expect. At least now he can just go back to being good friends and making money. In doing so a week turned into a month, a month into a year, and a year into two.