Ch.2 First Misunderstanding

"I knew it!" She yelled.

She seemed quite upset, but really anyone would seeing there husband laying with another man.

"I can not believe this! You were trying to court my husband!"

Kazuichi was flabbergasted. He wasn't trying to court anything, he had simply fell. Sure her husband might be hot but that doesn't mean Kazuichi was trying to get him.

"What?! No! I'm not trying to court him!" He tried defending himself. He turned to Gundham. "I wasn't trying to court you! I swear!"

Gundham looked at him. Kazuichi had a pleading expression.

For a moment Gundham thought there was a possibility he was trying to court him just by the way he acted earlier. Albeit now he doesn't think so. He did seem so sincere.

"Sonia, we only fell." Gundham tried explaining.

She didn't seem to believe him. "I had my suspicions but I didn't think much of it at first when you kept on asking questions about my husband."

'THAT WAS BECAUSE I WANTED TO KNOW IF HE WAS GOOD TO YOU OR NOT!' Kazuichi fumed in his mind. He couldn't exactly expose that he was into her though.

"Then when you saw him half naked like that, you stared at him with animal lust! And now you make a move on him!" She said worryingly. Sonia was disappointed, not only in him but in herself that she left her husband alone.

Kazuichi wasn't even sure what was going on anymore. He turned to face Gundham again.

"I was NOT staring at you with animal lust! You just came out in a towel! It caught me by surprise! I swear I wasn't checking you out!" He defended himself desperately.

Gundham surprisingly trusted Kazuichi.

"He's telling the truth-,"
"I did not think this would have happened." She said regrettably. She held her head. Gundham closed his mouth and was a little upset at her.

"I wasn't trying to make a move on him! I swear on my mother!"

"You swear?" She asks still looking at him with distrust.

"Yes! Yes! I swear!" He eagerly promised.

Sonia was eyeing him. Kazuichi didn't know what else to do since he didn't even understand what was happening to him. How did he end up in this mess?

———

After the incident at Sonia's house she has been avoiding him. She always finds an excuse to get away from him and he can't even get a moment alone to talk to her. It was a bit frustrating for Kazuichi since he didn't do anything wrong yet he was about to lose a friend. She wouldn't even look his way.

He could tell that people around them must be spreading rumors since the two of them were always on good terms.

Kazuichi sighed handing over the report to the nurse. He went to the computer and began typing in the prescription for the nurse to give the patients, but his mind drifted off.

'Is this really okay? Do I have to deal with this awkwardness because of a simple misunderstanding? She won't even talk to me.' He thought. This stress was starting to give him a headache.

As Kazuichi stressed over the situation he had seen a couple nurses headed for their lunch break. It took a second before he realized he could try to talk to her then or even after work. So he waited for their lunch break since they had it together.

Kazuichi walked into the lounge area but she wasn't there. 

"Shit." He cursed. He stepped out of the room and spotted a nurse.