Soon

The ethereal glow of the light shining through the butterfly patterned looking-glass window and the white butterflies flying around would be a beautiful scene if it didn't make Cat sick to his stomach.

He heard footsteps coming from behind him but he couldn't turn to look. Someone placed their hand on his shoulder. He wishes he could shake it off.

"Why are you so upset, son? We are so close to our goal." Cat didn't respond. "I took away your mobility, not your speech." He still didn't say anything. He looked straight ahead.

Hawkmoth sighed and walked from beside a kneeling Cat Noir to stand in front of the looking-glass window, "One day you will understand Adrien."

"When will that time be, father?" He remained still as if he hadn't spoken at all.

"I suppose you can speak then. You will understand when you push all of those false beliefs out of your head."

"The people of Paris shouldn't be terrorized because of your selfishness."

"My selfishness?" Hawkmoth stomped to stand in front of Cat. "I am doing this for us. Don't you miss your mother? I can get her back."

"Of course I miss mom, but I know she wouldn't want this."

Hawkmoth slammed his cane down. The sound echoed off the walls and startled the butterflies. They fluttered around in fright with nowhere to go. "I am bringing her back! I am too close to stop now."

"I don't even think this is about mom anymore. All that power is starting to go to your head."

"Assume what you want. It isn't going to stop me. Soon Ladybug and your team will show up and I will have the power of both the Ladybug and the Cat Noir miraculous!" Cat could only grit his teeth and glared at his father.

Hawkmoth walked pass Cat back into a corner of darkness to wait out Ladybug and the team's arrival; but not before saying this: "Don't worry son. I won't hurt your friends. That person will be you."