008

Italic fonts[[ Events that occurred before Lisa travel back in the past

Italic fonts[[ Events that occurred before Lisa travel back in the past.]]

"Restless"

As the door shuts, I died failing to catch my balance. My arm enfolds over my knees and legs. My eyes turn on the waterworks, there I whimpered like a lost child. "Stop-stop-stop" repeatedly my knuckles would pound my aching head. I should do better than this, this chance was given for me to right my wrongs yet here I am praying for her to magically change her mind and run back to me. Crush me in her arms and whisper to me she'll stay. But that is far from true because in this reality there wasn't an us to start with.  If I were her last resort before, now I'm nowhere in her choices. 

Dashing upstairs I dialed Jisoo's number, tears decorated the screen of my phone. "pick up" I murmured under my breath, I'm having an attack again. "chu" I was about to add another word when I gagged, struggling for air. "Are you busy?" I asked in the most normal voice. I badly need someone to talk to or I'll go insane. "No, why?" I sniffed, a faint smile molded in my lips as I wipe my tears with the back of my hand. "I want to drink tonight" I heard her gasp slightly on the other line. "Why a sudden invite, something's wrong?" I vaguely chuckled. "Nothing, I just want to kill my boredom" I trailed, flicking my fingers. "Okay sure, do you want me to call J and Seul?" I cried even more, just by hearing their name brings tons of emotions. "Yes, please," I said pleading, they're the only safe place who can understand me. 

"Geez, you're reeking in alcohol" Seulgi pointed out disgustingly after burping, Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. "Says the one who's 90% percent of her body is Black Label" she commented, absently I stare at my empty glass. I wonder how is she? did she eat already? did she have a good time with them? did she laugh and share her funny stories? just by thinking I can feel my soul falling into the cracks in pain. I bet he holds her hand under the table, brushing his thumb over her polished skin. I hated every bit of that thought, I hate that it could actually happen. Who Am I kidding? I even witness them devour each other, I laughed. "Lis, are you okay?" I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning back I saw Jisoo looking worriedly at me. "No.." my voice croaked. 

"Should I cancel the dinner-" Jennie looked at me intensely, "It would be embarrassing if we back out" she answered. Fiddly I diverted my eyes outside, my hand on the edge of the steering wheel. It's been half an hour since we arrived here at the restaurant, but no open want's to go, we stayed inside the car debating whether to face her parents or not. Because as far as I can see, she isn't delighted for us to be here. Jennie's parents are respected in their field, and their heir to be seen with someone like me humiliating. "You can go, I'll wait for you here" I sincerely smiled at her. "You're going with me" it was an order.

Shivering in my seat, the orders finally came. The couple kept on checking me and my wife who's silent beside me. Most of the time I'll hang my head low, not wanting to meet their judgments. The metallic spoon and fork made clanging noises while being lifted, I imitated how Jennie moves to show that I can fit in their world too. I was born with a diamond spoon, but something in the Kims makes them feel more superior. "How's the firm?" the piercing voice of Julio Kim startled us. I simply glanced at my wife who became tensed, secretly I place my hand over hers squeezing it to comfort her. "Doing good dad" she affirmed. 

"How about you Lisa, how's work?" I fakely cough, how can I tell him that quit my work and pursued writing music. Jennie grip a bit harder on my hand, signaling me not to tell the truth. "Is being an architect going well?" the authoritative voice of the man intimidates me. "I ugh.." my other hand uncontrollably scratched my thigh. "Lisa" all of us surprisingly turned our heads to where the call came. Suddenly I shrunk when I saw my new bandmates waving their hands at me. My friend Jungkook scurried to our place, I felt the tension within me and Kim's grew.

"You left the gig too early, we thought you went home already. Madame Alisa want's us to play at her bar next weekend" I mentally cursed, blaming myself for not telling me my situation. I hesitantly found Julio Kim's eyes, and to my expectation, he is disappointed. have a stable job, They didn't approve of our relationship, so I did everything to prove to them that, and of it is promising him that I would settle for a stable job. He once said that I should forget music because there's no future in it. "I'll think about it" ashamed I said to my friend, the dinner ended with Jennie having a talk with her parents.

"You should have told it to your friends!" Jennie furiously threw her bag on the couch, I licked my lips while I meddle with my keys feeling guilty. "I planned to but-" I zipped my mouth shut when I saw her irritatedly gazing her hand through her brown locks. "how can you be this irresponsible? you know how my dad thinks! and now he kept on telling me things" she is livid. I sat down near her but she stood up, distancing herself from me." love-" I cooee, but she stopped me. "Not tonight Lisa, let me rest" she marched to our room. I sighed, remained in my position eliminating hours thinking things through. She was probably hurt because of her dad's words, and it's because of me"

"Are you still mad at me?" I ask, staring at the ceiling, Jennie's back is facing me. It's past midnight and I'm wide awake, the event earlier keeps me up. Hours of practicing on how could I apologize to her. "If you are, I'm sorry love. Believe me when I say I never wanted to make you feel abash before your parents. I know you're past asleep, but I want you to know how much I love you. If they really want me to leave music, I will. So that they won't bug you anymore about it. Goodnight baby..."

"I was never been okay chu" I sobbed, my friends, surrounded me. "Hey, hey what happened" I heard Seulgi. "I don't know" Jisoo murmured. "Lisa is drunk," Jeongyeon remarked. "I'm not drunk..." I mumbled.

"Sure you are, look at her her eyes are hooded and lips barely open" they bickered. "My heart feels restless" I confessed, they glared at me suspiciously. "I'm confused...did something happen in your family" Jisoo carefully questioned, I shook my head. "Then why are you acting as you broke with someone? You didn't even have a girlfriend or boyfriend" Seulgi snickered.

"Maybe she watched something that made her like this" Jeongyeon lifted my chin. "You look ridiculous" she blurted, I scoffed, shoving her hands away.

"Guys, you're here too" curiously I lift my eyes, Nayeon.... and the reason for my restless heart is standing in front of me with a huge grin on her face.

"Lili, Taehyung's parents invited us to come with them to their hometown..." how many times would I lose her?