005 • Two Strangers

♫ Willow - Taylor Swift

Willow - Taylor Swift.

• Bucky's POV •

It's just as Nadia's body falls limp from the mild sedative Fury instructed me to use that I instantly lean down on one knee and catch her safely in my arms.

"This is Agent Romanoff. The girls know! Control the situation!" I hear Natasha stressing through my earpiece.

I see Steve through the caged walls of the ring.

He grips the arm of one of the girls from behind her and speaks hushed through a tightly locked jaw. It all unfolds in a matter of seconds but I catch the entire exchange from the corner of my eye, ready to pounce in my best friends direction at the breakout of a possible complication.

The girls chest completely ceases to rise and fall.

What Steve has told her makes emotion well up in her eyes and her mouth falls slightly open, shaking. She tilts her head up to look at him with disbelief. Her breathing ragged at best.

To watch the initial reaction of someone who has had all of their freedom taken away, finding out that they are being rescued, is moving to me.

I see the girl turn to her other friends, they discreetly squeeze hands and it's a truly mesmerising moment as someone who has spent the majority of my life locked away.

I can't wait to do that for you.

"The situation is under control. The girls are ready to comply. Awaiting further orders." I hear Sam's voice as he presses a finger quickly to his ear, quietly filling Natasha in.

I turn back to her as the ring-door swings open. Staff members flood into the cage and try to rip her from my arms. I shove away anyone who reaches for her at first but hearing Fury's voice in my ear, I immediately react to his instruction.

"Follow the guidance of the enemy. We don't want to arouse suspicion. We're not out of this shit yet!"

I bow my head, pressing my teeth together behind my lips and release my grip, letting the warmth disappear as her unconscious body is carried away.

I can hear the deadened sounds around me of an exploding crowd and clapping from inside and outside the ring.

The ecstatic owners tanned hands land and shake my shoulders before pulling me to my feet, thrusting one of my arms into the air in victory. The crowd goes wild as he dangles a long brass key on a velvet loop in front of my face. Teasing her to me.