Chapter 30

Ok, so maybe I lied a little bit.

I am nervous.

Taking a deep breath in and letting it out slowly, I clear my throat and look up at my parents.

Here goes nothing!

"Mom, Dad."

They both look over toward me and wait for me to begin talking.

"Ummmm."

Well this is going great!

Thank god Archer takes over for me.

He clears his throat and places his hand over mine under the table.

"Me and Becca need to tell you something."

My moms lips spread into a very wide smile.

I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion wondering why she has a smile on her face.

It won't last for long.

"Me and Becca are....."

Suddenly my mom s voice breaks through the air with a high pitch squeal.

"Dating."

My eyes go wide and I look at Archer.

I clear my throat and look over to my dad staring at Archer.

Uhh oh

"How did you know?" I ask keeping a eye on my dad just to make sure he doesn't jump across the table.

"Are you kidding me pumpkin. You have been in love with that boy for as long as I could remember. I'm glad that you finally got what you've been wanting for so long."

My nerves ease just a little knowing that my mom supports us but now it's my dads turn.

I look at Archer to see him staring back at my dad with a straight serious face.

"Um dad?"

He slow takes his eyes off of Archer and finally looks at me.

"Do you love her?" He asks Archer but is still looking at me.

"With everything in me."

"You will always take care of her?"

"Forever."

Dad finally takes his eyes off of me and looks back over toward Archer.

His lips start to spread and the next thing I know he is up and out of his seat rounding the table.

Oh shit

I jump up from the table and get in front of Archer before my dad could hit him.

"Don't hurt him."

My dad looks at me but when I get a better look at him I see a smile on his face.

What?

"Why are you smiling!"

My dad laughs and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm not mad, I've known you and Archer were it for each other from the beginning. It just first started out as friendship, like it should have, thank god or we would be having a different conversation right now."

Archer stands and grabs me around the waist pulling me into his chest while shaking my dads hand .

"Thank you."

My dad slaps him on the back and kisses my cheek.

"Just remember if you ever hurt her I'll kill you. You know I know how to hide a body and it never get found."

I slap my dad on the chest and told him to stop.

He grins at me and strolls over to my mom.

"So I'm guessing y'all are ok with this then?" I ask

They both nod with smiles on there face.

Finally all of the nerves evaporate and I fill like I am hovering above the ground.

Archer smiles at both of them and looks down at me with love in his eyes.

He leans down and kisses my forehead and whispers. "I love you." Quietly.

My face lights up even more and it feels like I can't breathe.