The Feast

After the introductions they all went to have a grand dinner in the Jade Palace. Once there they were seated by rank and Jennette glared at the gods. Nirvana almost laughed at the girl but stopped herself. Juno saw Jennette's glare and scoffed at the girl. "Watch yourself, mortal, or Obelian will have no heir!" Juno told Jennette with glowing brown eyes.

Jennette flinched and Claude looked at her in disbelief. He was shocked by her foolishness and Nirvana smirked. She knew Jennette was not the right choice for Crown Princess but no one had listened to her when she was Athanasia.

The rest of dinner was fine but Jennette was silently fuming the whole meal. There was talk of the Spirit Realm's surprise at having a Crown Princess and Prince Consort. How the nobles demanded one of their sons be her husband and such.

Euthumius told everyone how Nirvana put them all in their place and showed her great power to them. That led to the gods wanting to know what her power was. Dusana smiled proudly as she told them of how Nirvana could control life and death as well as light and darkness. How she could control time and space while not weakening.

The gods seemed pleased at the news of such a strong Spirit Princess who would rule after her parents. Jennette glared at Nirvana and it was Crown Princess Ariadna who caught her. "How dare you show such disrespect to the Spirit Princess!" Jennette turned red as Black Magic rushed out of her. She tried to cloud their minds but Nirvana waved her hand and it vanished.Jennette seemed shocked that everyone looked at her in displeasure instead of pity. Even Claude looked at her in distaste. "Claude, what ever happened to your other daughter?" Diana asked the emperor. Claude stiffened and glanced at the goddess.

"She died," was his answer. Kalaraja scoffed as he said, "She was killed by Claude." Claude flinched at the words and all eyes turned to Claude. "What?" Jupiter asked. "She was the one we chose to rule after you," Pluto said with dark eyes. "She tried to kill Jennette," Claude answered. "No, that was the girl's aunt. Athanasia was framed and you know that well," Nyssa said with her blue eyes glowing.

Claude cleared his throat and said, "She was no child of mine and so I got rid of her. I have Jennette and she will be an amazing ruler." Jennette beamed happily while Minerva said, "From what I have seen she is not fit to be empress. She is not even fit to be a princess." Jennette's face darkened and Claude looked pale.

Nirvana decided to end the topic by saying, "Athanasia is happy in the Spirit Realm. She would not wish for you all to be so forceful in your words. She has always been a kind and caring girl." Claude looked at Nirvana with narrowed eyes. "She was no-" Before he could finish he was cut off by Jupiter speaking, "You are right. Athanasia was indeed such a girl."

Claude had not known that the gods had favored Athanasia and were angry that Jennette was his heir instead of the wrench. He clenched his fists as he sat there. The Spirit Princess seemed to know what had truly happened and had ended the topic before anything else was brought up.

Claude looked at Jennette to see her barely hiding her rage at the gods' words. She was his heir and should be treated with respect but she was being torn down slowly. Claude sighed and tried to finish his meal.

"How is Athanasia?" Apollo asked Nirvana. "She is happy and loves the freedom of being without the dark stares. She was unhappy in the Mortal Realm and so when she was killed she was freed from the burden put upon her," Nirvana said. Claude flinched again and wondered what would have happened if he hadn't killed Athanasia.