Chapter One

A/N - this is a student and teacher romance story set Autumn 1988 in England. I feel it's important to say that I do not condone relationships like this, especially involved with a minor, which Jules (the main character) is. This is simply a romance book out of what's popular and what interests me.
Thank you to anyone who comes across this book and decides to read it. Hope you enjoy, Ily.
Idk whether to continue this so it's just a try out I guess. Lemme know if u like it
—————-

It's incredibly rare for a teenage girl to enjoy school, especially when she didn't fit in, and was at an all-girls school. She felt nothing ever went right for her. Jules had all the features of the current beautiful Hollywood actresses. Pale skin, green eyes, full lips and long brown hair. A look surely most girls wanted.
She was insecure, of course, as most girls are no matter how perfect they may seem to be. Kept to herself and only talked to the very few she trusted.
Diana was one of those people Jules trusted as she had been Jules' best friend since they both joined the high school.
It was the beginning of September, a new year.
'Jules, you ok?' Diana said, noticing she was half asleep.
'I'm tired and I don't wanna be back.' Jules laughed as she sat up from the desk.
'Me either, what have you got first period?'
'Maths.' Jules sighed.
'Good luck, I've got Spanish.' Diana said as the bell rang for their first lesson.
They both got up and walked towards the corridor, discussing where to meet at break before finally parting ways.

Jules had met her Maths teacher, Mr. Bateman before. She had him last year so she felt comfortable about walking up the stairs into the classroom. Social anxiety with new teachers and new classmates was something she didn't deal well with.
As soon as she walked into the room, she stopped as her eyes immediately locked onto a man she had never seen before, standing at the back of the classroom right next to the seat she used to sit in last year.
She planned to sit in the opposite direction to avoid walking over, but just as she was about to, Mr. Bateman called out
'Seating plans are the same as last year, everybody.'
Jules sighed as kept her head down and walked over to her seat and down slowly keeping her focus on anything but him. She knew there was something about this man.
He was dressed all in grey. A grey suit, grey hair, yet he looked young, perhaps in his early 40s, polished dark grey shoes and blue-grey eyes that she felt on her as soon as she walked in.
He stood up tall with excellent posture with his hands both behind his back and feet together. He looked like a proper gentleman.
Class had begun.
'Ok, take out your notebooks and textbooks and we shall continue on with page 113.' Mr. Bateman said, facing the blackboard.
He turned around.
'Oh, and this is Mr. Preston.' He added.
Most of the other girls turned around, acknowledged him but didn't seem bothered.
Jules, however couldn't keep her eyes off of him as she gazed at him intently.
Why was he here? How long would he be here for? Who is he?
So many questions went through her mind but she eventually forced herself to look away.
Jules could feel her heartbeat in her fingertips, her leg bouncing with apprehension from the feeling of his gaze on her. She kept very still with her head down for the rest of the lesson.

She felt time had gone so quick, yet so slow. She wanted to know if she'd see him again.
As she stood up to leave the classroom, Mr Bateman remind everyone to hand in their books to be marked.
The spaces between the desks were narrow, and to leave you would have to walk single-file through each row, and there were students behind her as she walked to leave.
She had focused so much about getting out of there quick, that Jules had almost forgotten about the man in grey until he approached her.
'Would you like me to take that for you?' He asked, reaching out his hand for the book.
'Thank you!' Jules said with a smile, trying to sound flirtatious.
'You're welcome.' He smiled back.
He looked down at the front of the plain blue book, containing her name only, for a few seconds before slowly pacing towards the front of the classroom to place it on the desk.
Jules smiled to herself as she saw the other students question why he only offered to take hers.

Jules fled out of the classroom, blushing.
Oh my god. What did that mean??
She thought to herself. This certainly took her liking to him up a lot more.