Chapter Two

When Jules arrived home that night, she thought about what happened earlier.
She laid down on her bed and looked up at the ceiling lost in thought.
Oh, God. Have I really just fallen for a man after barely any interaction?
She thought to herself and eventually decided she had to become perfect.
I have to look pretty, I need to catch his attention, I have to be noticed like that again.
She was so lost in thought over him. It was definitely not like anything she had experienced before, nor did she even think any of this through.
What was she going to do if she gets what she wants? What if he doesn't come back? What if it goes badly.
And most importantly,
What is he thinking of right now?

For the first time ever, a small part of her felt excited to go to school just to see him. She woke up a hour before her alarm and did everything she planned to look "perfect" for him. She made an attempt to copy the hairstyle and makeup of one of the models in her mum's old magazine collection from the early 70s. She felt he may recognise her a little more if she stood out from the other immature teenage girls in the school.
Once she arrived at school, she could feel her heart beating all over her body and could hear it in her ears.
This is ridiculous. You haven't even seen him yet! He might not be in today.
She thought as she tried to calm herself down a little.
'Woah, Jules! Did you change your hair?' Diana asked as soon as Jules sat down in form room.
'Yeah, I'm just trying something new. I put makeup on too.' Jules giggled.
'It looks good, you look like one of those models from those magazines my parents used to have like 15 years ago.'
'Thanks.' Jules smiled.

Around second period, Jules felt her heart skip a beat as she saw she had maths next.
She paced as fast as she could, without running, down the hall and up the stairs to her classroom. Her heart started racing how it did earlier.
She slowly turned her head around the corner, but much to her dismay, he wasn't there.
She sat down at her desk, and was so disappointed that she kept her head down for the first ten minutes of the lesson.
She finally stopped thinking about him after a while, and looked up at the blackboard, copying notes when her eyes met the doorway.
Mr. Bateman had kept the door open, as he liked to usually to "let the cold air in" as it was always absolutely freezing in his classroom.
The way the classrooms were set out in the hallway let you see right through into the opposite classroom through the glass window.
She saw someone walking around in there and figured it was a teacher when the figure turned to face the front of that classroom. It was him.
She almost gasped.
She could immediately tell it was him, as it was the same angle of the side of his face from when he was in Jules' classroom the day before.
Throughout the rest of the lesson, her gaze was focused on him. Obviously the lesson flew by quickly and Mr. Bateman ended the class late, as usual, so Jules looked out to see if she could spot him again but noticed Diana walk out of the classroom.
Holy shit! Diana!

Jules practically sprinted out of the classroom to catch up with her. Jules knew she was about to ask her loads of questions, but there was no time.
'Diana!' Jules sighed, all out of breath, as she caught up with her.
'Oh, hey Jules.' She laughed.
'Listen, meet me in the gardens at lunchtime instead of the lockers where we usually meet.' Jules said, still trying to catch her breath.
'Um, ok. Will do.' Diana said as they parted ways.

During their lunch break, the girls paced around the gardens in the quiet space they had all to theirselves. Jules had left it half the lunch time before she decided to bring up Mr. Preston, she started to plan it out in her head as she knew if she brought it up too soon Diana might immediately find out Jules was swooning over him.
'So why did you want to meet out here instead?' Diana asked, snapping Jules out of her thoughts.
'Oh, um, i just thought it would be easier since it gets really busy in the corridors at the start of lunchtime.'
'Oh yeah, true.'
'Soo, who was that man in your class? He was in mine yesterday.' Jules asked.
'What man?'
'The one in grey with the low voice that stood at the back of your classroom.'
'Oh, him. I don't know, my teacher told us he was a training teacher or something. He told me off for not paying attention, but other than that he didn't do much. Why?' Diana said.
'No reason, I just wanted to know who he was and saw him in your classroom so I thought you might know.'
'Yeah, I don't know who he is.' Diana laughed.

They headed off to their next class, English, which they had together, and got their five minutes early. The teacher was really chilled out and sweet so it was something to look forward to in the afternoon.
Since they had a few minutes to kill, they just hung around a set of a few English lockers.
'Do you think that training teacher will be back?' Jules asked, as she cut off Diana's story about her mum's new boyfriend or something.
'What, are you like obsessed with him or something.' Diana laughed.
Jules blushed.
'Oh my god, you are!' Diana exclaimed.
'Shhh no! I just..think he's... um.. I don't know.' Jules whispered.
Diana was too busy laughing to respond.
Shit, I made it too obvious didn't I?! No, no, no! Jules thought.

In the middle of English, Diana started doodling as she usually does in all her lessons.
'What are you drawing this time?' Jules asked.
'Shh, something for you, wait a minute.'
'Oh ok.'
About five minutes later, Diana slid over a small ripped piece of paper with a drawing on it.
It was a sketch of a little love story of Mr. Preston and Jules.
'Oh my god.' Jules started as she began to thing Diana was making fun of her, but it was actually kind of cute.
'Wait, no that's so sweet I love that! Thanks!' Jules laughed.

'What are you two girls giggling about? Get back to your work.' The teacher said.
'Nothing miss, sorry.' They said at the same time, holding back laughter.