Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen:

I sat on my bed, my knees pulled up against my chest, pondering why in the world I even said that. He even asked me that if I do remember anything he said that night, remember that he's had a lot of people leave him, and he doesn't think he'd be able to handle it if I'd left him too. This was after the kiss. I had done just what he asked, no, begged me not to do. I left him, and I could not fix it. I felt the tears before I could see them. I rocked back and forth, as I cried my knees still against my chest. My mind was going insane, screaming things at me, the worst it has ever been. You did this. You left him. They said. I cried harder as I remembered the look he had given me. I could barely see, my eyes were filled with tears, but I heard someone step into the room. "Lil?" Tanner said. I did not answer him. He sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around both of my shoulders, pulling me closer to him as I cried. "Do you want me to get Mom?" He asked. He never was good at comforting people, but it worked just fine for me.

"No." I said, shaking my head vigorously. He sat there while I cried, and I was sure there would be a large wet spot on his shirt where my tears had fallen. He played with my hair for a while, before I calmed down enough for him to leave the room. He left the door cracked, and he walked into his own room, doing the same with his door. I continued to cry, and rock myself back and forth after he left the room. I messed up so bad, I thought to myself. That scar on his arm was because no one had been there with him, been there for him, and I made it worse. I had told him I would always be there, and then I left. I needed to fix this. I jumped up from my bed and grabbed my car keys, holding on to a tiny sliver of hope that he might still be there.

I drove as fast as I could, still holding on to that tiny sliver of hope. When I got there, I saw his car in the parking lot, and sighed in relief. I got out and walked inside. I saw Karlee before I saw Carter. She had ice cream on her nose, and she looked at me before looking back to Carter, who was laughing. She said something to him, and leaned in. My heart dropped to my feet when I saw it. The tears were already making their way to my eyes. He looked like he had not expected it, which was good I guess. I was moving, but I had not the slightest idea of what I was doing. I grabbed the water pitcher off the counter, before heading over to her. It was ice water. 

I poured the water all over her head. I had not known what I was doing, or why, for that matter. I guess it was because I was angry, but I did not think I had been that angry. I heard her gasp. Her blonde hair was soaked, along with her pink sweatshirt and her jeans. She squealed. "Carter! DO something." She demanded. I looked at Carter. I knew that look. He was trying his hardest not to laugh, and he shook his head. She huffed. "I'll get you back, just you watch." She said, and she walked into the bathroom. She was in there for a while, before she walked out, and walked straight toward the door, not failing to bump into me and mumble "Bitch." I laughed. I turned around to face Carter. He was laughing, but I still saw the hurt in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry." I said. I hugged him, and he laid his head on top of mine, and mumbled something.

"It's fine. I'm fine." 

"I didn't mean-" he cut me off.

"I know." 

I opened my locker and something, it looked like a sloppily folded piece of paper, fell out of it. I grabbed the paper from the floor and opened it. "You've messed with the wrong girl."  It read. I crumpled the paper, and threw it in the trash, before walking to my next class. I got to class, and Karlee was sitting in the front on the room. She sent me a glare as I walked past her. I only laughed. She had no idea who she was messing with.

Hello everyone! Oh, and sorry this is short, but two updates today! On another note, I have altered your idea, gummiXoX. Opps? I have noticed that whenever I reread my chapters for any mistakes after it's been published, there have been some problems with it not turning out the way ot should, quotes in the wrong places, and coding things in the chapter itself. So, if you see any of these, let me know, please. Anyway, tell me your thoughts!

Did you like it?

Did you hate it? Tell me! Also, don't forget to:

Vote

Comment

Follow

And share to all of your fandom friends. Until next time, I love you all, stay beautiful! :D ^.^ :3

~K.D