Chapter Three

Hope your having a great day! This chapter has a bit of .+.dRaMa.+.
.
.
.
.
.

Her anxious smile proved it for me. “I thought everyone in the Delusion ward was a Delusionist!”

“Well you thought wrong. And don't you dare tell anyone about this.” She said, pure anger in her voice. I stepped back in fear. I’d never seen her like this. “How did you know how to truth-pull?” She demanded. “Truth what?”

I asked, bewildered. “Truth-pull. Only the masters of mental energy can do that. Where did you learn it from?”

I started trembling. “I have no idea what you're talking about. My instincts just took over. I swear, I don't know.” I pleaded. 

Her glare softened, but it was still there. What was going on? Why was this happening? Diana was a Veracity, I just pulled the truth out of someone's brain, and now my friend is demanding things I have no idea about. She grabbed my hand and closed her eyes. Then she opened them. “You’re telling the truth.”

“How do you know?”

She gave me the smallest smile. “Veracity means truth. Veracities can tell whether someone is lying or not.”

I nodded in understanding. 

“Why do Veracities and Delusionists hate each other? Can't they make a truce or something?”

Diana smiled. “If it was that easy. The Veracities and Delusionists always hated each other. They're the complete opposite. Delusionists make lies, and fool people’s brains. Veracities focus on the truth, and make things clear. But until now, there's not a chance we could live in peace together.” 

My eyes squinted. “Until now?” I asked, slightly confused. She nodded. “There’s someone out there with abilities combined. They’re the bridge between the two worlds. It's all up to them.”

“Have you found out who it is yet?”

“No, but I have my guesses.”

“Who?”

She gave me a smile. “You.”

**********

I let out a nervous chuckle. “What? Why?”

“Delusionists can never have a truth seeking ability. You truth pulled, and that's only an ability Veracity masters can do.”

“Great. As if things couldn't get any weirder.” I groan.

She gives me a sad smile and stares off into the distance. So first, I went to a mystical world. Then I got my own phoenix. After that I truth pulled, and now the fate of the world is all on me. Great. “I’m sorry if this is hard for you. I can’t imagine all you’ve been through the last few days.” She says softly, sitting down next to me. “Yeah.” I whisper. 

We sit there in uncomfortable silence. “Well, I hope we can put our differences beside us and continue on as friends.” She says hopefully. The edges of my eyes burn as I said, “No. We can’t.”

Her eyebrows scrunch in confusion. “Why not?”

I take a deep breath. “I’m the princess of Delusionists Diana. Being close to a person on a different side in Mystrania is a crime, you know that!”

“But how are you going to do this if the future depends on you? Who knows, maybe this is the first step to fulfilling your destiny.”

I sigh. “You don't understand.”

“Yes, I am Iris. You don't understand. It’s determined to be you.”

Without me noticing, I’m up on my feet, fully stuffed with rage.
“I dont care about a stupid destiny! How do you even know that it's true?!” I yell at the top of my lungs. She cringes in fear. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like-”