and so it begins

"coming through"

i cursed under my breath, ducking under a sofa two movers were moving through the front doors. i fixed my hair out of my face after they had passed and sighed, going back out to the moving truck for the 100th time to get another box. this one said "lydia's room". i smiled, grabbing the box with two hands by the corners and carrying it into the house.

i couldn't wait to redo my room and make it my own. i wanted to put back up all my rock band posters and store my vinyls in the order they were in before. i wanted to get new plants to love and hang around my room. i couldn't wait.

despite the weight of the box, i ran up the stairs with excitement to my room. i got to my room and heavily set the box down on my bed, realizing...

i couldn't breathe.

oh my god, i'm so out of breath.

i put my hand over my chest and sat on my bed, wheezing harshly.

slowly, the wheezing subsided and my breathing was about back to normal. i decided instead of going to get another box, i would look through this one for a second.

i've noticed i've been out of breath a lot recently. i've taken up smoking cigarettes for a couple of months now, so that's probably why my breathing is a little poor. my mom and dad don't know i smoke. or they do and they just expected me to at some point. but now i'm questioning why people smoke. it hurts your lungs. but maybe it's just temporary.

later, i got the rest of my bedroom boxes to my room (without running) and spent the next couple of hours decorating.

my room was beautiful. i kept my room lights very dim, only candlelit. forest green vines were hung from all angles of the room, accompanied by small house plants here and there. i had a gorgeous vanity, displaying all my girly things like makeup, perfume, hair ties, etc. on another wall i had a bookshelf with my favorite books and my record player in the middle. and of course my bed, in the middle of the back wall, voluminous black duvet covers took up the area of my bed. and my teddy bear in the middle of my bed.

"oh! it looks great in here, lydia," my mom said pleasantly surprised, sitting on the corner of my bed.

"i know right, how's the rest of the house looking?" i asked, sitting next to her.

"it's progress. i want to get rid of all the tacky wallpaper downstairs, so we can only do so much," she explained.

"i agree with you on that one," i smiled.

"we met the neighbors," my mom stated, not seeming too excited.

"uh oh, are they crazy?" i asked, with full seriousness.

she still chuckled, "not quite, at least i hope. it's a woman and her daughter, who both ended up in our house uninvited,"

"delightful," i smiled and said sarcastically, "you wanna go eat something?"

mom nodded, smiling widely as she followed me out my door.

mom and i always had a good relationship, and even better after dad cheating and the miscarriage. on one side it was to spend time with her and make her feel less lonely, and on the other side, it was to piss off dad, frankly cause he deserved it. 

------

author's note - short chapter! got to get through all this background stuff before the fun begins. but a little action. ok ok, i'll end up spoiling the whole story if i'm not careful ;)

word count - 565