trick or treat

a part of me was relieved i was dying. i had many thoughts of suicide and had self-harmed here and there, but now that i knew all the pain would soon be gone, i was at peace.

a part of me still stung knowing tate had no clue my life was now on a timer. surely he had to know something was wrong. with the coughing, wheezing, and the blood. he only asked about it a million times a day.

it ached me, but it was for his good. everyone's good.

i didn't know exactly how much time i had left. i tried not to think about too much and just let my death come upon me.

today was halloween, a holiday that used to be my favorite when i was younger. however, this halloween had only involved tension, yelling, and talking about divorce papers.

i passed out candy to the kids for the first hour until it wasn't fun anymore and i left the bowl on the front porch. the rest of the night i trapped myself in my room until i felt claustrophobic, even with the window blowing cold october air into my room.

i carefully and quietly scurried down the spiral staircase and walked down the eerie hallway till i arrived at the basement door. my nerves almost got the best of me, but after hearing another glass object shatter from the kitchen, i creaked the door open and closed it behind me.

"tate?" i called out, not more than a whisper.

"tate?" i repeated, louder, feeling foolish as i walked down the creaky stairs.

the air was dense. like the weight of the house above me was all in this one room. i was about to give up when i felt a presence behind me. i made an effort to turn around but was pulled to someone's chest, a black latex glove covering my mouth and nose.

i screamed, hit, and kicked but it was useless. i was turned around and pushed against the basement wall behind me, revealing the presence being a human figure in a full-body, black latex suit.

my eyes widened as i felt my heart drop to my toes, my head rushing with fear. however, this all came crashing down when i heard its laugh, and my mouth was released.

i sighed, sick to my stomach, "you asshole!" i pushed tate's shoulders back, but i couldn't help but smile and laugh with relief.

tate unzipped the zipper of his face covering the back of his neck. the mask fell loose and off his face, revealing his especially messy, slightly damp sweaty hair, making him look exceptionally sweet.

"i scared you," he grinned, stepping back closer to me.

"did not" i huffed quickly, crossing my arms.

"really?" he lifted my chin to meet his eyes, so brown they appeared black.

i only shook my head from side to side, barely humming a response.

he smiled, his pointy teeth glistening in the darkness before graciously inviting himself in my mouth. i had no choice but to, as well, open my mouth for him.

all the knowledge i had a lung-eating disease vanished and tate became the only known thing to exist to me.

all i could focus on were his hands running up and down my sides, before gently going up under my shirt and over my breast.

i gasped, pulling away.

"lydia i'm s-sorry. i couldn't- i didn't mean to-"

"wanna go upstairs?"

--------

author's note- my writing just isn't as good, so i apologize for that lol. but that's pretty much all the "spice" you're getting because i don't even know how to write stuff like that but i tried. anyways i have no clue how i want this story to go/end i'll just have to whip something out and hope for the best. thank you all so much for your support and for reading this!! love you all! <3

words- 574