1 - The Place No Child Should Have Lived

A small red-haired child looked out upon her 'family.' She knew she wasn't related to them. That was just who she had to call such. Her true family had let them take her. Her small bare feet padded against the concrete floor of the facility. She sat in the lunch room next to a boy named Jeremy. At least he knew his name, his parents had hesitated for a few months. She, however, had not seen her parents, ever.

"Hello Jeremy."

"Hey flower-girl! Haven't seen you in a while!"

She cracked a small smile. "Yeah. I accidentally wore my shoes inside so I got in trouble. I wasn't allowed out of my room for awhile."

"Harsh. We're only six and seven. They can't do that."

There was a distant call from one of the caretakers.

"Outdoor hour. Wanna come with me flower-girl?"

"Can't. They've got me on indoors only for another week. See you tomorrow Jeremy. I'm going to the library."

"Bye flower girl. See you lunch tomorrow. Maybe I'll track you down during free hour."

"Okay goodbye."

*#%^+=*#%^+=*

An announcement came over the intercom. "Free time us now over. Please head to your rooms. Dinner will be served in your rooms this evening."

The girl traveled to her room and laid on her bed. She just wished she had a name, instead of the other children's dubbed name of 'flower-girl.'