Chapter Five

ꕥ ✨ ꕥ

ꕥ ✨ ꕥ

The sun slowly rises in the room and the calm sound of the water reaches my ears as I slowly wake up.

J-Hope is sleeping next to me, cuddled up against me.

I smile thinking back on last night, the incredible sex, the shower, the cosy dinner in the sofa with chill music playing in the background.

I feel incredibly exhausted and weak, the pain in my body slowly increases as well. But it's so worth it. It's totally worth the pain.

Those moments of pleasure, of happiness of peace...they remind me of why I decided not to spend my remaining days in the hospital.

I turn around and silently take my pills from the nightstand before swallowing them.

I gently escape Hobi's grasp and pulling on one of his hoodies I open the door and sit down on the chair on the balcony facing the water. I close my eyes and take in the peace, relaxing my mind and body.

I chose this place for the lake. Not because it's related to memories but because it brings me peace, I find myself able to think.

I smile, staring at the landscape.

No cars passing by, no one around. No cameras to avoid, no paparazzi threat... Nothing. Just Hobi and me, in this heavenly place.

I understand Tae when he says In The Soop is a place and moment where he can heal. I get him. And I agree with him.

There's nothing better than being away from the busy cities, the packed schedules and daily pressure surrounding Hobi's job.

A bird dives towards the water, grazing its surface before flying up to the sky.

I can see a few fish through the transparent waters of the lake.

This place is so alive, the trees are of a beautiful green. Everything is so healthy.

I'm not. In a few days, no more beautiful trees, no more birds grazing the water before my eyes. All of it will be gone.

Most importantly, I'll be apart from him.

I find myself looking up at the sky, at the cloudless blue sky welcoming the rising sun.

"God...if you're up there...I want to ask you something. In my next life, please let the wait be short, and the meeting long. Please let me live a long and happy life with him. Please grant us a happy and long life." I think to myself before closing my eyes and taking a full breath of the morning fresh air.