The Sinners 3rd Part

The momentous ending ..

I always believed in fairytale when I was a kid. Those knight in shining armor rescuing a damsel in distress or a prince from a far away kingdom who will rescue a princess from a wicked step mother then they'll end up living happily everafter stuffs. I always fantasize myself as the damsel in distress or the princess who will end up marrying a valiant prince.

I, indeed, fell in love with a prince but unfortunately that prince happened to be blood related with the princess, which is me.

But I still hoped for a happy ending no matter how tiny the chances are. We are in love .. and there should be nothing wrong with it except that all the odds are against us.

But one fateful morning turned all my dreams into a nightmare. We miscalculated everything and never expected that it would lead into this ..

I felt a sting of pain on my left cheek as soon as dad's hand landed on my face. As if my world spinned that I dropped on my knees due to the impact.

" Dad ! " I heard Kuya Gab's voice faintly. My left ear was hearing a hissing sound .. I must be deaf by now because of the force of Dad's large hand.

I lifted my face only to see our mom crying while trying to stop Kuya Gab from running to me. Fear and concern was all over his face.

" What the hell were you both thinking?! " Dad's voice boomed around the four cornered wall of my room.

This is worst .. no that was an understatement. This is far beyond devastating. I just want the earth to swallow my whole existence.

Our parents caught us in a very uncompromising situation. In my room, me and Kuya Gab were kissing fiercely as if there's no tomorrow. We never knew that our parents will return home that soon. Too soon that they finally caught our dark secret.

" Don't hurt her, dad ! This is all my fault ! " Kuya Gab shouted when daddy was about to yank me to stand up.

Dad's deadly glare went to his direction and I swear I saw hell from those eyes that I cringed in terror. I never saw him mad like this.

He strode towards him and in just a second he is already grabbing kuya's front shirt. Our mom cannot do anything to stop him.

" How long have you been doing this?! And what else did you do aside from .. from kissing?! " he asked almost choking the last word.

Kuya Gab just stared at him guiltily but I know dad too well. He's not a successful lawyer for nothing.

Next thing I knew Kuya Gab was already sprawled on the floor, the side of his lips were bleeding. I was too shocked to move but when I saw dad is about to lunge at him I lifted myself up quickly and stood between them to stop what's about to happen.

" Dad, stop ! " I shouted frantically.

I was looking at the fury on dad's eyes when I felt kuya stood up. He grabbed my arm and hid me behind him.

" Let me handle this. " he whispered.

" B-but -- " my words were cut off when he turned again his attention to daddy.

" Jean, take Cassidy. " dad said in a very dangerous tone.

I felt mom's hand on my arm and even if I don't want to I let her drag me out of my room because I don't want her to witness the scene between dad and kuya. Kuya's piercing eyes held full of promises when he stared back at me before we finally exited the room.

That was the day when I last saw him. I was grounded, never allowed to go anywhere aside from school. They cut all the possible means that could connect me to him. He was dragged out of our home and nobody's telling me where he was. Even in school .. he was nowhere to be found. If it wasn't for the fact that he was afterall my brother I would have thought that dad might have killed him.