first date

*Joe and Mika go on their very first date! 🥰😍😘Disclaimer: This is fanfiction meaning it's make believe. I do not know how their first date actually went or if they even went on a first date. Thank you and enjoy!

Late November 2015

It has been a regular but busy Friday for Joe and Mika!

Joe and Mika both filmed today's episode of Morning Joe, with Willie, watched many 2016 election coverage reports and worked on some other work projects before heading home for the weekend.

At home on New Canaan, Connecticut, Joe kissed his two younger kids Kate and Jack goodbye because they are going on a weekend trip with their mom Susan.

Meanwhile, in Bronxville, New York, Mika had lunch with her three best friends Tia, Jennifer and Laura who were in town for the holiday.

Mika also really needed some advice about her first date with Joe. It has been over twenty years since Mika has been on a first date and she is pretty rusty about the dating world.

But Tia, Jennifer and Laura all knew Mika had strong romantic feelings for Joe and are all happy that she finally told him.

As for Joe, he hasn't dated since 1999 when he met Susan after his divorce from Joey and Andrew's mother, Melanie.

Right now, Mika is sitting on her vanity that she has in her bathroom, getting ready for her first ever date with Joe. Mika has been excited about this date ever since she woke up this morning.

Emilie is home from college while Carlie is a senior in high school. They are usually home with Mika but this weekend, they decided to be with their dad, Jim. Both of the girls are still struggling with Mika and Jim's divorce and Mika misses them when they aren't home with her.

Mika is finishing up putting her makeup on and her iPhone dings loudly, meaning she has a new text message.

Mika quickly grabs her iPhone to check the text to see who it is, thinking it is Carlie or Emilie. However, the text is from Joe.

Joe: "I'm about fifteen minutes away from your house, I'm getting gas right now. I can't wait to see you ❤️"

Mika blushes and smiles as she reads the text message from Joe, closing her eyes, daydreaming about their possible future together.

Even a simple text message from him makes her day and everything he does is perfect. Mika hasn't felt this happy and special in a long time from a partner. She is falling in love with Joe more every single day.

Mika quickly stops daydreaming about Joe and quickly texts him back, before finishing up her makeup and finishes getting ready.

Mika: "Okay! Take your time! I am just finishing up getting ready. And I can't wait to see you too ☺️"

After Mika texts Joe, she does the finishing touches with her date outfit and makeup before going downstairs.

Mika's dog Cajun happily greets her at the steps, causing Mika to smile ear to ear.

"Hi, Cajun! Let me make you some food! Are you hungry?" Mika says and Cajun happily barks.

Mika makes Cajun's dinner while Cajun watches on, wagging his tail.

"Here you go, bud. Enjoy!" Mika says putting Cajun's food bowl on the floor and he begins to eat.

Mika texts the group chat with her best friends talking about how excited for her date she is and all of her friends find Mika to be very adorable.