Chapter 3: The Next Day

The next day, I woke up at around 2:30. I literally got no sleep all night until I saw the sun rise. I checked my phone. 8 texts from Cameron. Whoops. I CAN NOT BELIEVE I SLEPT THAT LONG FOR THE DAY! Now I can barely get to see Cameron and be held in his arms again! UUUUGH I am SO stupid. I read his texts.
"Tatum, hi babe"
"It's me, Cameron"
"Are you okay?
"I miss you"
"Should I come over?
"Okay I just left to go to your house"
"Your mom said you are asleep"
"Have a nice sleep hun"

Oh my gosh he is so nice and hot and wow I have never been talked to so sweetly before. But someday he'll come to his senses and realize I'm not good enough. Why can't it be now so my heart doesn't get broken. But honestly, at least he might love me. It kind of feels like a dream. I sit up. We text back and forth for a while.

Me: hi sorry
Him: hi
Me: i missed you, i slept in late cuz i got no sleep during the night.
Him: why?
Me: cuz i was thinking of you, obviously.
Him: awww me too but i set an alarm:)
Me: we are probably the cutest couple
Him: you think eh?
Me: yeah.

Later we made plans for him to pick me up and take me to his summer job at the Hyannis Mall. He's a clerk at my favorite store: Pacsun. I bet he makes all the girls's days by his cute button nose, dimples and chisled chin. But maybe his 5'10 height intimidates shorter girls like me. His dark brown hair and skinny, but still muscly figure makes my daydreams take me a bit too far. Once he picks me up, we jam out to rap music. He gives me his snapback hat and I put it on backwards. Soon, we approached the mall. We hug going up the escalator. On the upper level, we entered Pacsun. He gets on his name tag. "You're so cute when you're professional." I say and then giggle, which is funny 'cause I've never giggled. A girl around 10 years old comes in. "You guys are so cute!" She exclaimed. She yell-whispered to Cameron "Your girlfriend is really pretty." I look at her with a smile and say "awww, thanks.

I pick around at the mall, going store to store, then I get a text from Cam.

Cameron: meet me back at Pacsun.

So I did, and when I got there, he told me it was the end of the day for him. We hit the food court for a Baja Blast from Taco Bell along with a nacho to share. Later he drove me to his house. "Hey, there's something on your shirt.." he said. I looked down and he lifted my chin up and kissed me, right there in his garage. Then he got intense. He kept hugging and kissing with so much passion, and I'm not ready for this kind of relationship yet. I push him away and quietly whisper "wait" in his ear. We got out the car. I met his parents, but Cameron wanted to take me downstairs. We ended up watching "The Notebook" and cuddling on the basement couch. We fell asleep, but he took me home by 11. My mom was starting to get suspicious. I just told her nothing was happening and went on my Tumblr on my Mac and laid in bed. I posted a text post saying "I, Tatum, Am Dating Who?"